HD-A1 Analogue Audio Outs

hexxed

Established Member
Reaction score
In the config for the HD-A1 there are settings for speaker distance, crossover etc in the menus. Do i need to set these if they are already set on my AMP?

Sorry for the n00b question, ive been previously stuck with optical only.

On my receiver i'm useing the DVD-A input so i use the Tosh setup for deley/sound lvl ect for analog.If i use optical then the sound/deley is set in the receiver.Which amp are you using?

Im using a str-db895, have calibrated sound level etc on the reciever already for optical inputs, being a relatively low end amp, it only has one set of settings, does analogue usually bypass these then?

hexxed said:
Im using a str-db895, have calibrated sound level etc on the reciever already for optical inputs, being a relatively low end amp, it only has one set of settings, does analogue usually bypass these then?

Normally the amp will not "process" the ext analogue inputs apart from aplification.

VI

Most receivers don't have the bass managment through the analog connects, if you do then it should say.If it does'ent say it does then use the A1's bass managment.If your listening to DD+ over optical then its being converted down to DTS.

is it better to use the analogue outs or coax?

Everything is decoded to PCM for mixing sound in the player right? So then its sent down the analogue outs, or re-encoded to high bitrate DTS.

If I used coax (already have a cable sitting there, more convenient), am I losing access to any of the sound formats, or losing noticable sound quality?

My receiver does have 5.1 inputs, its just a question of which to use?

richard plumb said:

Everything is decoded to PCM for mixing sound in the player right? So then its sent down the analogue outs, or re-encoded to high bitrate DTS.

If I used coax (already have a cable sitting there, more convenient), am I losing access to any of the sound formats, or losing noticable sound quality?

i am interested in this also,was toeing with the idea of getting a new amp i currently have a denon avr 3802 and i am using a coax cable and the dd+ is being processed as dts

richard

richard plumb said:

You should A/B them Richard.Sometimes i think its mindset that DTS is better as we have had it for so long, not to knock DTS i still like it alot but DD+ has a better imaging field, ay least it seems that way to me.A good example is 'We Were Soldiers', i hear a clear diffrence when i A/B Coax/Analogue.

fatrich said:
i am interested in this also,was toeing with the idea of getting a new amp i currently have a denon avr 3802 and i am using a coax cable and the dd+ is being processed as dts

richard
I'd wait till next year for a new Amp/receiver, i think there will be more options for HDMI which will also output DD+.

I too have hooked my HDA1 up via 5.1 cables and optical for comparisons sake. Just to clarify with you guys though. Do I set the player to PCM or Bitstream for the analogue cables.

PrinZe said:
I too have hooked my HDA1 up via 5.1 cables and optical for comparisons sake. Just to clarify with you guys though. Do I set the player to PCM or Bitstream for the analogue cables.
Optical has no effect over the anologue so its up to you to either leave the default (bit) or set to PCM on optical.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom