1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD-5 shortcut keys

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Mike_manchester, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Mike_manchester

Mike_manchester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know of any shortcut key combos for the hd-5 ?

For instance, can i quickly change to shuffle play and back or do i have to always step thru to the [removed by mod] options screen and then back???

Or do i need the remote to do these things ?

Thanks in advance

2. Linkable

Linkable

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody know what's the easiest way to get back to the playback screen? On the HD3 you could just press one button for 2 seconds or so and you were back but now you have to go all the way to the main menu en select the bottom option.

3. Erin-Go-Bragh

Erin-Go-Bragh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The easiest way I've found, if you're on the search screens or deep on one of the option trees, is to press search/menu twice then press stop once to cancel the menu. Haven't found a way to reduce it to less than three key presses yet.
    Have found that holding down stop turns the player off though; might be useful in a crash - haven't had the opetunity to try it yet (i had one crash, but before I found this feature).

4. Erin-Go-Bragh

Erin-Go-Bragh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, and Mike - I haven't found any shortcuts for shuffle and repeat on the main unit, but most remotes should work - I've got an RM-MC38EL off my old Hi-MD that works with limited fuctionality (Volume/Shuffle/Repeat/Track + Album advance, but no track names or menus access).

EDIT: Just to cover my ass, I've checked my HD5 with two older remotes, the RM-MC11EL(Back Lit) and RM-MC10L(Not Back Lit), and they both work to the same degree (They have a playmode button which toggles shuffle and a seperate repeat button that doesn't work, but you can get repeat by holding down the playmode button). These remotes should be quite common and cheap.

The RM-MC40ELK is the only remote that works fully as far as I know.

5. loser

loser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm probably being stupid but is it possible to set it to shuffle on just one artist or album?

6. Erin-Go-Bragh

Erin-Go-Bragh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is possible, there's an option called 'Unit' - if you turn this on, anything you select with the search menu is the only thing that gets shuffled. So if you select one band it'll shuffle through all the tracks in their albums. If you select one album it'll only shuffle the tracks in that album. When 'Unit' is set to off, shuffle will play through all the tracks on the player.
    There's also a second shuffle mode that will play the tracks in order within an album, then shuffle to another, random, album at the end of the first.