1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD 5 Remote

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by simonc1952, Jul 9, 2005.

1. simonc1952

simonc1952

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HD 5 Remote

Are there any known plans for Sony to copy the iPod which - as I understand it - has a remote control add-on (not the remote that enables you to connect to the device and take over the controls on one remote, but the sort of remote like with an ordinary TV where you zap the HD 5 to go forward, back, etc etc... The iPod has something like this.)

2. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +554
    I take it you are talking about some kind of infra red receiver which would allow you to control the device from afar.

No idea whether there are plans but that would be useful for me as I also use mine as a hifi system connected up to my home cinema setup.

Such a device would only allow you very basic functions though I would imagine as there would be no way to "search" through the tracks.

Still .... better than nowt.

3. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not idea about infra-red remote, but guy in Sony Centre tells me there is a fully functioning HD5 remote planned (i.e. does everything main controls can). No mention of price, though.

4. jceric

jceric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

i have buy this remote yesterday a my local Sony Center, it's the model RM-MC35ELK with lcd display and it's work with all the fonctions of the HD5 and also HD3(tested,i have both units),there is a also a anoter remote for the HD serie but without lcd display
    edit:price is 50 €