1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD-5 G Shock Protection

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by floppydonkey, Jun 16, 2005.

1. floppydonkey

floppydonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Just a quick one to see if anyone has been unfortunate enough to drop theirs yet. I read somewhere that they dropped and stood on it, but did it still work? In the manual they make a big point of not putting any pressure on the casing, (which makes sense.)

But I noticed today that when you turn the player on and as the player is booting up with the animated logo, if you just suddenly lower it by a foot or so while it is still in your hand, it turns off automatically! I only noticed this as I was walking down some stairs and it switched off as I was walking. I can only guess that this G Shock system is some sort of ‘mercury’ tilt / motion sensor.

I wonder if is the same device that decides the angle to rotate the screen too? Boy there’s a lot of toys in that little box-o-tricks. :eek:

2. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    It is the same device yeah - but interestingly, mine doesn't turn itself off the same way.

3. Chox1988

Chox1988
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,280
    I dont have a HD5 but I have a HD1 and dropped it in the gym yesterday dropping it from about 1.5m height. Bouncing across gym equipment before it hit the floor. It survived, thankfully, was praying for a while there.

4. floppydonkey

floppydonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I'm with you there, dont you just love that feeling when you drop your newest, most valuble baby gadget and then suffer the pain of inspecting the damage! I have it with phones all the time. :(