HD-5 arrived with mail - and one missing "thing"?

lariva

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi.
I just recieved my HD5 today. When I oppened it, I were thrilled but then I noticed a thing I didn't expect.
Look at this:
nw-hd5-whatshouldIdo.jpg

Notice that the cover of the usb connecter is only held by one "string". Is this meant to be, or is it just my HD-5 which is abnormal?

In case it isn't normal, what should I do? If it breaks of in a week or two, can I then send it back, to get it repaired or replaced?

Best regards - Lariva

its normal, and quite frankly, makes the HD5 feel and look really cheap...one of the reasons i returned mine, i thought it was ready to break when i first used it

lariva said:
Notice that the cover of the usb connecter is only held by one "string". Is this meant to be, or is it just my HD-5 which is abnormal?

In case it isn't normal, what should I do? If it breaks of in a week or two, can I then send it back, to get it repaired or replaced?

Lariva - this is perfectly normal and is the same design Sony have apparently used on their digital cameras for years.

We've been assured by owners of these cameras that despite its delicate appearance it's actually quite durable.

Pfewww.... :blush: Thought I had to send it back... Hope the one string holding the cover is more durable than it looks like then. Thanks for the quick answers. :thumbsup:
@szsiddiq1214 - Though "only one string" makes the NW-HD5 look cheaper, I still think it looks like gold, in my eyes :smashin:

It is durable because several times i've accidentally tugged on it whilst pulling out the usb and its still very much intact

Weird for my PSP, its on 2 "strings"

I've had my HD5H since it came out and the 'string' hasn't broken..

The plastic thing is strong enough. yeah I also pulled it hard when pullling out the USB cable and its fine. It would be less cheap if it was softer or more rubbery, but its not a major problem like others the HD5 has.

Its fine, to be hoenst that little tag will probably out last the rest of the player :p

(I've got a scuff on my screen and I'm a touch ratty)

It's actually wearing out whenever you slide the cap back in. Mine has toothmarks on it, already.

IanPM said:
(I've got a scuff on my screen and I'm a touch ratty)

I'm anal. My screen got scratched by the packaging so I tried to scrub the light scratches off with a micro-fiber LCD cleaning cloth I received with my Dell. Made more scratches.

That's when we know the build quality of the HD5 can be put into question. When the screen gets scratched by an LCD cleaning cloth!!! :thumbsdow

That 'toothmark' you refer to is meant to be there. It allows the strap thingy to flex.

Thanks, guys. Got another question. Why doesn't my Sonic Stage 3.2 work?
Perhaps you'd like a more closed question... ;) :
When I'm tryin' to import mp3-files from my hdd to SS, it works for about ten seconds, and shots down, with the message:
Omgjbox.exe said:
Omgjbox.exe has found an error and is terminated/closed (translated from danish). We're sorry for the inconvinience. If you were in the middle of something, you may have lost the informations you were working on.
It's a folder with 1042 files (67 folders) in all 4.37 gb.
Please help. Best regards - Lariva

Omgjbox.exe is, I believe, the program that handles the database for SS. It stands for OpenMagicGate Jukebox - and was a pain in the ... till I cleaned out my registry and removed all trace of SS and OMG module from my system before reinstalling everything. A bit drastic, perhaps, but I recently transferred over 3500 thousands tracks to my player without even a hiccup.

As to how you fix it without going to great lengths, I've no idea, sorry!

I'm willing to do a lot to get my new player fully "working" with SS! Even go into registry, even though I'm not wellknown in it. I know it's a lot to ask, but could you perhaps write a guide for cleaning registry for SS and OMG (what is that?)?

Lariva, I'm no expert when it comes to the registry, so I wouldn't feel comfortable giving anyone incomplete advice about this. I used a combination of VCom's SystemSuite 5.0 (which has a registry fixer), and Win XP's own RegEdit, which I went into to check all traces were eradicated. Before using either program, I unistalled all Sony-related programs (well, the ones installed by the HD5 disc) in the normal way. Only, I did it wrong! You have to uninstall the main SS program BEFORE uninstalling anything else, otherwise you get in a right mess - which I did! Figured it out in the end, but as I say, it was more luck (and some useful programs) than judgement which worked for me.

Sorry I can't be more helpful!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom