1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hd-5 and ID3 tag problem...

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by nico_192, Jul 15, 2005.

1. nico_192

nico_192

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok,

so im cool now with my hd5 gettin VERY warm while im transffering LARGE amounts of music to it..but one more problem. like, probably 30% of my 4,000 songs have no id3 tag..they show up on my hd5 as "no name" ..and it makes it REALLY difficult to find a particular song. Is there any way to transfer the files onto it, having it recognize only the mp3's "file name" and not the id3 tag???..what is the easiest way to resolve this issue?

2. Mike_manchester

Mike_manchester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Get a program which will batch tag your files, using their file names.
    "Tagscanner" is very good.

3. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Or eMusic Tag Editor from Abyss Audio - worth the £15 I paid online for it!

4. rp92

rp92

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Confirm TagScanner, does the job you need (and many other powerful ones) excellently and should be free.

Peppe

5. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The easiest tag editor I've used is winamp ( www.winamp.com (free)). Just drag and drop your files usually an album at a time and highlight them all using the shift button the right click on one and press 'view file info' Then edit and fix all the names, use the tag on the right (v2) and press update to go to the next song. (Best off having only a single artist for an album and having featured artists at the end of the song name)

If you need to change something to all of them at once, say an artist or genre or year etc you can open the folder with the songs, highlight them all and then right click and go properties then goto the summary tab and change the name/number you want and press apply. Dont change the track title at this point because they are all different and will probably make them all the same if you do. Assuming you have winXP