HD 360 through my PC

OmniFox

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, here is the scenario:

Pentium D. 3.2GHz
Radeon x1600XT
blah... blah... blah, so on, and so forth, basically it can handle HD.

My video card came with a S Video Connection, as well as a cable that can plug into my S Video port that has composite cables on the other end.

What i want to know is; is there a way to hook my 360 up to my video car using the composite cables provided and see it playing on my 20.1" LCD Monitor. The res. is high enough to support HD i think (1280 x 720, normal for 720p right?)

I hooked my composite 360 cables to the composite S Video adapter, but got nothing on my screen. Is there something else that i'm missing, or is it just impossible.

you can just get a VGA cable and plug the 360 straight into the monitor, no need for the PC. However, you will need to find some speakers of some sort to hear it

i understand that that is an option, but my question in fact was, can i do it using the composite s video adapter through my PC?

seems a pointless task, however if you have a video capture card it should be possible to get your xbox video into the pc and onto the screen in a window.

seems a pointless task, however if you have a video capture card it should be possible to get your xbox video into the pc and onto the screen in a window.

Its not exatly pointless, why drop $40 on a VGA HD Cable, when it could be possible to accomplish the same thing for no extra cost...

Its not exatly pointless, why drop $40 on a VGA HD Cable, when it could be possible to accomplish the same thing for no extra cost...

But it won't be HD....HD is only available via component, or VGA. Composite will be awefull and s video not much better. The only advantage to going through your video card is you could record the session to your hard disc. This is assuming that the sockets on your video card are infact inputs not outputs?. I suspect they are outputs to enable you to connect your pc to a TV.

But it won't be HD....HD is only available via component, or VGA. Composite will be awefull and s video not much better. The only advantage to going through your video card is you could record the session to your hard disc.

Are the composite/s video sockets on your video card inputs or outputs? I suspect they are outputs to enable you to connect your pc to a TV.
Awsome, tahts the exact answer i was looking for. I just wanted to know if it would work, and if it would be HD.

I actually just went out and got the cables, it turns out they are $13 used, and $40 new, so guess which i went for?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom