HD 145 ? plastic?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by joseph, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joseph

joseph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a set of HD 145 Lenses how much would they be worth and how much would a set of plastic lenses be worth ? I would like to swap the HD 145 for cash and some replacement plastic lenses.
    I have been trying to sell my NEC on E bay and people seem to just want a projector they arn,t bothered about the lenses if they are glass or plastic , so i thought about removing the lenses off the projector and selling them seperate and then selling the projector with plastic ones fitted at a lower cost to try to meet my reserve price .
    Any veiws on the subject ?

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Probably the oddest post of the year so far.

The lenses are part and parcel of the projector, selling them seperately would be silly. Only if your PJ has scrap value would I split it.

Just for reference the HD145 lens is a Hybrid lens part plastic part glass.

Ford Mondeo for sale - wheels by negotation.
    3 Bed house - Doors and windows also available.

P.S. Good subtle way of getting the add in.;)

3. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Uh! I think he is saying he wants to swap the lenses and sell with plastic ones rather than glass NOT sell it with no lenses.

Seems reasonable to me although I have no idea on the cost difference between second hand glass (HD145) and second hand plastic (Delta TaC?) lenses - sorry.

To be honest I think you'll have more trouble sellin, buying and fitting new lenses than it would be worth money wise - but then what do I know :p

4. joseph

joseph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes i no but people don,t seem to want to pay much for projectors on e bay and any where else?
    The best offer i,ve had is £900 from somebody who only wants to play dvd and watch football through it .
    Hes seen seleco 310, 320 and says they only go for £800 -900.
    The tubes on the N.E.C are in mint condition no marks no burns white as owt.
    but i was thinking about swapping the lenses not on the sly!
    But the people who are bidding don,t care less if there are hd145 or whatever all they want to watch is football !AND THE THING WORKS!

5. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Maybe you'd be better advertising your lenses in the ads section and offering to do a swap, with cash, with someone who has plastic ones.

That may take some of the hassle out of it. There's quite a few people on these forums with NEC CRTs, though not sure of model numbers etc.

Worth a try?

6. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I too have found Ebay a waste of time.
    People are just looking for a bargin.
    The problem with NEC projectors is they are natoriusly difficult to set up from scratch and the support in the UK is a bit laking.
    I still think you are wrong to swap the lenses out.
    The market is quiet after christmas.
    Whithout a garentee £1000 is probably not far off what you will be looking at I'm afraid.

7. joseph

joseph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whats the difference in the one you are selling for nearlly £3000, surelly you don,t charge £2000 for a 3 months guarantee.

8. beta

beta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no on the charging for the waranty but thats the reason why I just bought an LCD.

No one here could sell me a CRT unit under 10 grand with a waranty, and given it would be my 5th CRT, I didnt want someone elses problem. I was happy to pay with the piece of mind knowing I had a GOOD unit.

I bought 4 units on the CHEAP and got real lucky with one and got a good deal on anohter, and got jibbed on the other two.

I would pay to know its going to work when I turn it on in front of a room of people all excited too see the latest dvd purchase....

9. MATT JENNER

MATT JENNER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I bought my HD145 lenses for £500.00, they are excellent, on the cross hatch pattern the blue verticle line is sharp,and clear,

Ebay
    can get some bargains, but i would not trust parting with alot of money,

There are 2 sellers here which are highly recommended, and there are others which sell new crt for 6000.00 or under and come with the standard years garuntee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.