• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HD £49 + 1 month free HD sub/No install

mudstuff

Prominent Member
I called back in Nov/early Dec and they gave me this deal as a returning customer since I cancelled about 6 months before. Got the HD box for £49 and install for £15 so it might be worth a phone call before doing it through the web.

tbag21

Established Member
Shocking, i paid £99 for the box and £60 install on friday and i am an existing customer! and they never offered me anything on the HD subs! It would have been nice to have been told. :mad:

iNspectorgadJet

Prominent Member
tbag21: phone them up an ask to cancel your installation...and when they ask why quote them the new price and I am sure they will refund you the difference. At worst, you cancel the install and book a new one instead.

tbag21

Established Member
yeah think i will do, can't believe they almost got away with it. Imagine how many people are going to be charged full price just for not checking the website.

B

BryanF

Angry much???

You bet I am, just got HD installed on Monday gone for £99(box and install).
I might phone em up and have a bit shout, see if I can get anything.

Bry.

jefflad

Established Member
Sky.com - Sky Products>Join Sky

As of today...existing customer will be £30 install :thumbsup:

It's a good deal... but I got a better one last month. basically cost me £69 for 3 months HD (that's box, install and HD sub) this one will cost £98.50 for the same period :D

If I was interested I'd ring up and try to get free install or some sort of discount elsewhere but with it being a new promo I doubt they'll budge... it's worth a try though.

Jeff

tbag21

Established Member
I've just got off the phone from sky cancellations and they said they will have to call me back with an offer because they've only just been given details of the offer 15 minutes ago. I suspect they will have a very busy day today with all the angry people complaining about the new price, but im sure it will balance out with all the new customers they'll be getting. I find it a bit strange that it's now more expensive to but the sky+ box as it's still £99?

Eusebio13

Standard Member
Sky's boss (sorry didn't catch his name) said on Radio 5 this morning that customers who have recently upgraded will be refunded (it was about 7.30 am when their figures were announced)...it'll be on the BBC's podcast later and suggest you quote that at Customer Services when you call them.

glenine

Standard Member
I am due to have Sky hd installed this afternoon, (currently have sky plus) and I paid £99 plus £60 installation a couple of weeks ago with £15 credit back and a further £15 via quidco. Rang up customer services this morning and said about the new offer of £49 plus £30 installation (not mutiroom) and was told she would send an email to her manager requesting £80 credit back. Just viewed my bill online and see they have credited my account with £80. So all in all with the cash back offers I have paid just £49 for the upgrade, very happy indeed.:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

tbag21

Established Member
This may be the straw that breaks the HD camels back for me...

This may be covered elsewhere - sorry if it is - but can anyone confirm if the new boxes are still coming with both HDMI and component out? :)

Nope, just HDMI, at least on the Samsung's anyway

RebelKC

Established Member
My installation was on the 16th January ..... I've just been told any refunds will only be given for installs between 22-27 January !!!!! Am still on phone ...... not happy !!!!! :mad:

No joy ..... not even a good will gesture ....... and they sound like they are reading from a script !!!!!!

Last edited:

super-saint

Established Member
Can anyone do this online without adding Multiroom ?? I dont want multiroom ...just one HD box ??

Phoned up & they said I will be put in queue & receive an email when they are ready :eek:

boonstock

Established Member
My installation was on the 16th January ..... I've just been told any refunds will only be given for installs between 22-27 January !!!!! Am still on phone ...... not happy !!!!! :mad:

No joy ..... not even a good will gesture ....... and they sound like they are reading from a script !!!!!!

you should be within the 30 day cooling off period ... Ring them up and tell them you want to cancel, that's what I'm doing now.

potshot

Prominent Member
the best deal peps have got off sky. anybody got free box and free install. Anybody been offered free install.

GasDad

Remembered (1964-2012)

They almost certainly are reading from a script.

Out of interest what do you think the cut off date should be ? - this is a very curious situation - its not normal for companies to give retrospective discounts is it ?

tbag21

Established Member
I've just spoken to them again and they are "not aware" of any refunds to be given. Is there any official press release from sky indicating that existing sky hd customers who have recently had an install will get a refund of the difference?

boonstock

Established Member
just got off the phone from SKY, they are deducting £80 from my bill. I did pay £99 for box and £60 for installation (which took place on 23rd Jan).

I called and said I wanted to cancel as I was in the 30 day cooling off period.

I certainly got the impression that this was a very new situation to them and they hadn't formalised the process properly.

I was speaking to the cancelation department and not customer services.

Hope that helps.

RebelKC

Established Member
They almost certainly are reading from a script.

Out of interest what do you think the cut off date should be ? - this is a very curious situation - its not normal for companies to give retrospective discounts is it ?

No it probably isnt ..... bit I think by setting it a certain dates is just going to get folks backs up to be honest.

Ive already complained that I paid £60 for the engineer to just swap the box over and pair the card .... total rip off !!!

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom