1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HCPC Virgin needs help for PJ Shootout!!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Kane D Williams, May 1, 2002.

1. Kane D Williams

Kane D Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi folks

I have helped organise a projector shootout at AV-Sales on 17 May. Mark Goldie (Shockabuku) is bringing along his HCPC to try pixel mapping on all PJ's (using DVI where applicable). We are eager to see the Epson TW100 performing at its best, but unfortunately, others have failed to attain pixel perfection between their HCPC's and the Epson , with the "usual" Powerstip settings not working correctly!

I contacted Mathew Purton of AV-Sales to ask him if he could try to find out (from Epson) what those settings should be, but he has replied wanting clarification on what exactly I need (SEE HIS EMAIL) as he is not offay with HCPC terminology or practice. Sadly, I too have no HCPC experience, only what I casually read in the forums and mags and thus am not the best person to explain things to him.

Mark (Shockabuku) is not available until 13 May and so I was hoping that some kind soul out there would be able to email Mathew and explain (simply) about Powerstrip etc and maybe allow him to contact you for any more HCPC info needed for this Shootout????? PLEASE?

This is Mathew Purton's Email to me

"I have forwarded your enquiry to a technical colleague who would like to clarify a few points:

1. Please would you explain what you mean by "power strip settings"
    2. Please would you explain what you mean by "porch settings"
    3. Please could you clarify exactly what you are trying to achieve, and what hardware you are using to do this.

Many thanks Mathew"

mathewp@amc.net.uk

This is Mark's HCPC basic spec

AMD T-Bird 1Ghz
    512mb SDRAM
    ASUS A7V mobo
    ATi Radeon 7500 graphics card
    M-Audio Delta 410 sound card
    Pioneer 106s DVD
    IBM 40Gb HD
    Trust Wireless mouse + kb
    IRman IR Receiver (not pictured)
    Windows XP / Powerstrip / Girder / PowerDVD XP / etc.

I hope someone will/can help out here? I will email Mathew and give a brief explanation and the spec of the HCPC and tell him that hopefully someone will contact him with more details.

Cheers Kane

Funkyman51@hotmail.com

PS. Anyone is welcome to the shootout!?

2. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    As far as I'm concerned Epson claim to support 1280x720 native with the VGA and DVI connectors. Radeon also supports 1280x720 as standard so it should simply just work. Powerstrip not needed, if it doesn't work its an Epson problem.

3. Kane D Williams

Kane D Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks Jeff,

From what I have read on AVS, no-one can get it to work!?

Kane

4. ROne

ROne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    the epson is not alone, a few of famous 16:9 LCD projectors (my MT-7) don't have the correct support for addressing this need.

I think it comes down to the fact that VGA has traditionally only supported 4:3 resolutions, and that's it unfortunately.

Although may be worth checking on the epson you be able to give it a higher than 1280x720 rez ... say 1280 x 960 and then use a through or 1-1 menu setting to address pixel by pixel mode. My machine does it like this. You will still get a 16:9 window 1-1, but you will have to resize your DVD HCPC to fit this window.

5. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    Maybe but the Epson specs clearly say that they support connection of a computer via RGB or DVI at native 1280x720. If it doesn't work then Epson needs to explain why. Most widescreen projectors can't be driven from a PC in the native res, but then they never claim to do so.