hcpc videocard options

whistlingDogg

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm planningon getting a pioneer 433mxe plasma screen and was considering using a hcpc for dvds as this should give me the best picture quality.

Can anyone recommend a good video card, dvd player and sound card that I could use.

I don't think I require any tv tuning as I don't have an aeiral. I have a us xbox and plan to connect this via components. the only other connection would be the sky digital box. Could I input the sky signal to the video card for best picture? Do video cards have svideo inputs?

Any comments would be welcome

Does your plasma have a VGA input? If so then this would be the best way to connect your pc to the plasma. I would recommend a Radeon 9000 series for picture quality on dvds. Sound card is a difficult one as it depends if you are going to have an external amp to do the processing or if you intend to do it on the sound card.

I think you will need a Tv capture card if you want to input to the computer, and then you can output to the plasma after the signal has been cleaned up.

HTH

Chris

the plasma does indeed have a vga input. it also has a dvi input. All I want from a sound card is the ability to output a digital coax or optical signal to my denon 3802

I'd go for the cheaper GF TI 4200 from leadtek...for £120 it allso offers vivo and a lot more graphic power then the ati 9000 series
tho the 9700 is a monster card

the leadtek you can make passive as well so a silent htpc is on the cards;)

Originally posted by Respectamonkeee
I'd go for the cheaper GF TI 4200 from leadtek...for £120 it allso offers vivo and a lot more graphic power then the ati 9000 series tho the 9700 is a monster card

Except that this is a Geforce card and gives a lower picture quality.

If you can still find one, an All In Wonder 8500DV is probably the best hcpc graphics card you could ask for - I'm seriously impressed with the video de-interlacing and scaling performance from my AIW Radeon - it makes VHS watchable again!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom