HCPC to Quite!!!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Hawklan, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Hawklan

Hawklan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +316
    Hi

I thought the title would grab your interest
    Like allot of you guys one of my major requirements of HCPC is quiteness

So Fanless Graphics Card, Thermalright Xp120 and a really quite case fan latter I thought I'd be reasonable happy - But no now I have this really annoying low but high pitched whistle. To be honest you can only hear it a night with the volume muted - But it's still there
    I went back into the guts of it over the weekend to try and identify whats at fault only to find the HCPC is fine - it's my Tivo that sits right underneath it that has this slight whistle. - At some point I'll be upgrading the Tivo Hard drive which should sort that out.
    So my breathing and puffing old HCPC approach covered up some of the noises in my other Sealed units
    I suppose the moral of my story is that sometimes you can make the HCPC to quite

Many thanks

RON

2. shaithis

shaithis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Hehe nice :)

Still smarting myself after my HTPC project fell at the last hurdle - my 9700pro with newly fitted Zalman ZM80D-HP fanless-heatpipe wouldn't fit - Slapped the spare GeForce 5900 in but it sounds like a leaf-blower :mad:

3. Skunkpipe

Skunkpipe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try a passive 9600 - you won't have any fitting isses with one of those

4. Hawklan

Hawklan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +316
    Hi

I use a gigagytle 6600Gt with a heatpipe that fits (Just Heat pipe touches the top of the case) in my Stands Unique Claritas 390A

I'm now thinking of how to make the HCPC louder to drown out the Tivo and my little un's

5. Paul Shirley

Paul Shirley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    After mostly silencing my PC I realised the TV on my desk makes as much noise, buzzing away to itself even when muted. Then I noticed the faint whine from my illuminated USB cables...

Ended up taking all the fan speed reducers out because I couldn't hear the difference it makes above all the other noises in my room!