1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hcpc teething problems

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by fatrich, Sep 7, 2001.

1. fatrich

fatrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Hi every one<br />just had my new crt installed yesterday by Roland from B4 projectors and i am very happy with it just have a few teething problems can anyone help.We couldn't adjust the refresh rate for ntsc and pal when we tried it defaulted back to it's origanal setting have the powerstrip installed and the graphics card is i believe is the ATI Rage Pro 128 can any one advise how to set it.

One of the other problems is the aspect ratio we noticed this when calibrating the projector 16.9 is ok but when in 4.3 ratio we got a square in the middle of the screen tried the obvious but no change.

Last but not least the dvd-rom i downloaded the multi-region hack (the one that most people use)it worked a treat last week, however when tested with region 1 and 2 material it would not play region 2 discs for some reason ( even though the dvd-rom is a region 2 player it's the pioneer slot model the noisey one) can any one offer any tips or advice

many many thanks

richard.

2. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,612
    Hi Rich,<br />you only 'believe' the graphics card is the ATI Rage Pro 128? You need to find our for certain what card it is and install the latest drivers for it. You know I'm not sure these cards have the DVD hardware playback facility built into them. I know GeForce cards and Radeon cards do, but Rage Pros? Anyone?<br />Also make sure you have the latest direct X.<br />My experience is that Powerstrip is a bit fiddly. You have to add custom settings into the registry as a standard option. This is a button (I think) labelled 'Add' in the custom setup screen.<br />Then if you have Powerstrip configured to auto-start on bootup, it will change the resolution back to whatever it is left with. Which may not be what you want.<br />Personally I used Powerstrip to add a custom resolution (1440x720), set that as the windoze default and then deactivated the Powerstip auto-load function.<br />Don't know about the 16:9/4:3 problem. You didn't mention what DVD player software you are using.<br />Re the DVD ROM, have you installed the region-free firmware mod into the drive to make it region free? It sounds like you didn't and the drive has now locked itself to the 5th region you selected. I.e. region 1.<br />(I think) there is a thread in this forum pointing to the Perso DVD Firmware site where you can get access to another site to download the firmware hack. That site is certainly listed in the links database.<br />Also you can use the ASUS drive speed controller to slow your drive down to single speed for quieter playback. (See another thread here). I'm hoping to have that utility here for download, but I've got to install it and check the copyright stuff first.<br />I think you need to do a bit more research reading, Rich.

3. fatrich

fatrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    hi Stuart<br />it is a ati rage pro 128 and i am using win dvd (the latest version with dts)and yes it looks like i will have a lot of reasearch to do but the problem is different people recommend different soft ware and it looks like the main problem is compatability but they say you learn by your mistakes but it ain't half costly when you make mistakes.

thanks for your help

richard