HCPC + HDMi + Pioneer 434 HDE = HELL ; some one please help me sort out this mess

S

sberemski

Right, i have a 434HDE plasma and a HCPC with a DVi output. i also bought a DVi--->HDMi cable the other day. The HCPC uses a Radeon 9200 btw.

How can i get the the DVi signal on to the plasma? i have tried using powerstrip to output the correct signal to the plasma but it does not work; the plasma does not detect a HDMi signal at all.

S

sberemski

UPDATE:

i have managed to use powerstrip to set my resolution to what i think is a supported one by HDMi. When plug in the DVi to HDMi cable in to the PC and in to the plasma media box, the HDMi option on the plasma menu is still greyed out.

What does it actually mean the HDMi option is greyed out on the plasma menu?

S

sberemski

after fiddling about i have managed to get a picture:smashin: :clap:

All i have to do now is figure put how to adjust the size...

Big Adam

Novice Member
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you want a straight DVI - DVI cable?

S

sberemski

The Pioneer does not except DVI signals AFAIK. It only accepts HDMI ( or at least I cant seem to find a DVI connection on the media box)

Jimbo73

What settings did you use to get the picture?! :lease:

S

spindoctor

Hey I had been having the same problems but a true genius, mherrin, worked out the solution. Basically you get Powerstrip, and follow his instructions. I found that 1216x686 was the best resoultion for the screen and man does it look far sharper than a VGA image.

I have Media Center 2005 running through it and its a delight to use. I considered using a bigger resolution, but seeing the fonts might become a problem. I wonder whether anyone has dabbled with a high resolution as yet?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom