HCPC for Pioneer 433MXE

Easy2BCheesy

Standard Member
Reaction score
After a couple of years of faithful service from my Momitsu V880, I feel it's now time to move onto a HCPC. I plan to base the unit around a Dell Dimension 5000 - I can pick up a 3.0GHz base unit for around £250 or less from the Dell Outlet and they are extraordinarily quiet machines. Into this I'll want to add my Sweetspot, and wireless LAN.

If any one can help with the following questions, that would be great.

1. What soundcard would be recommended? Not looking for ultra quality, but 5.1 output, preferably digital and a keen pricepoint.
2. Would the Radeon X300 SE in the machine be OK? Is that passively cooled? I could source a Geforce 6800 (vanilla) in its stead but would that be too noisy?
3. What software would be recommended over and above Powerstrip? I'd like a media centre that could run TheaterTek, interface with Sweetspot, and I'd also like to burn off DVDs of recorded TV shows (retaining their interlaced origins, playable on normal players)
4. Any idea on a decent remote to drive all the above?
5. Finally, what are the advantages of WinXP Media Centre - would it work well as an 'all in one' solution to the software issues?

Many thanks for any help.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom