HCC Marantz DV7600 review :)

Kazman

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Resume works fine for me :) It's a sterling player, well worth the money :)

Worked for me too:

1. Open Tray

2. Press Clear, 2, 5, 8, 0, Clear

3. The display indicates, “test mode” press down with the cursor until 1215 is displayed press 13 then enter.

4. Display will now show 1213.

5. Move the cursor up until 1402 is displayed then press 0, 0, enter.

6. Display will now show 1400

7. Power off then on.

Awesome player!!!

Yes !!
I must agree this is very good player (I used to own denon 1910), picture is clean, noise free, colours are great but there are some buts like: overall brightness of picture is little bit low for daylight viewing (but great for evenings :) ), de-interlacing is not that good like Denon's (jaggies on some dvd's).
But after all its still great machine :thumbsup:

lukassk said:
Yes !!
I must agree this is very good player (I used to own denon 1910), picture is clean, noise free, colours are great but there are some buts like: overall brightness of picture is little bit low for daylight viewing (but great for evenings :) ), de-interlacing is not that good like Denon's (jaggies on some dvd's).
But after all its still great machine :thumbsup:

I haven't noticed any de-interlacing issues on the discs I've played so far.

Will keep an eye out for it, there are soooooooo many things you can tweak :)

What connection method are you using?

The picture quality is almost hi-def in it's detail with a good transfer, not quite, but almost.

Going to watch Return Of The King tomorrow :) Looking forward to that :D

Hi !!
I am using HDMI to DVI and progressive scan mode Auto 2. The movies where I've seen jaggies so far: Dark City, Bourne Identity.
Could you post your settings on Marantz ???

lukassk said:
Hi !!
I am using HDMI to DVI and progressive scan mode Auto 2. The movies where I've seen jaggies so far: Dark City, Bourne Identity.
Could you post your settings on Marantz ???

The only major change I've done with the settings is turn DNR down to one, otherwise its setup is rather good.

Will check Bourne Identity tonight, are there any scenes in particular to watch out for?

Also, what TV are you using?

DVD players tend to have different settings, so a retune of the TV's picture is almost always needed. I retuned my TV picture with AVIA as soon as the DVD player was installed. That sorted out my brightness issue straight away :).

Okaydokey KAZMAN you've got me interested :D Just wondered what you've got it connected up to :confused: Asking as i have a 42pv500 and i'm using the 2910 at the moment.... :rolleyes: do you think this would be an improvement on the denon :thumbsup:

I'm hooked up to a Sagem HD-D45 DLP rear pro.

If you are close enough to me, you are more than welcome to come and have a gander, bring your 2910 as well and we could do a head to head.

In the review linked to at the start of the thread they rate the DV7600 almost as highly as the Denon 3910, which is some achievement considering the price difference. The 2910 is a superb machine too though, so may not be worth the cost of the upgrade.

:smashin: Thanks for the offer Kazman but i live just a tad too far :rolleyes: around 180m :eek: But im gonna go and get a demo cos you've got me interested :D And great choice of tv i was gonna get that but had a last minute change of mind(due to a distructive 2yr old i had to put the tv up on the wall out of his way) :devil:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom