1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HC Setup

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Malone, Mar 14, 2001.

1. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    I seem to be getting conflicting advice in regard to setting up a system properley some people say "whatever sounds best" others say "you'll never get the best out of a system until its set up right" ie with sound meters an all ??

Is it really the former or should you get someone in the know to help with the setup?

I've always preferred setting up myself but when I get my new system I dont fancy spending a packet and only getting 50% of its potential!!

2. Gary Palmer

Gary Palmer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Malone,

I've got various setup discs and a sound meter.

To be honest I always find that the 'correct' settings as determined with the sound meter always seem to bump the rears way too loud. Maybe I'm getting old and my hearing is changing...

So, I tend to use my biological sound meters!

Why not see if you can borrow a meter and try it ?

:-D

3. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,183
    Anyone know where you can get a reasonably priced meter? Various people said Tandy, but all ours are carphone warehouses now.

The only meters I can find are professional digital models for £40 plus (maplin etc.)- can I get one cheaper? Surely I only need to play with it if my set up changes?

AMc