FF7

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone and thanks in advance for any help you can all give.

Well after a wife, life, three kids and two very dodgy soundbars my attention has turned to an AVR set up once more :)

My listening room is H 2.5m, W 5.0m and D 5.0m which is small by all accounts

Budget is up to £700 for an AVR and £500/£600 for speakers and sub, not including cabling.

I've been out of the loop for so long with just tv sound or that of a soundbar that the playing field seems to have changed somewhat since my last foray into HC.
The set up will be primarily for movie and music listening, gaming doesn't interest me in the slightest although atmos does.

My search so far has narrowed things down to the Yamaha RX-V6A or Denon AVR-X2800H receivers though I am open to suggestion.

For the speaker set up I have been looking at the Wharfdale 9.1 package or similar and but not sure if that would be overkill in a smaller room so am considering the Onkyo 7000i package/Wharfdale DX-2 package.

Unfortunately there isn't anywhere close by that I can go and have a listen to anything, at least not in my budget range.

I have gotten older but not necessarily wiser so thanks once again for taking the time to read this and advise me.

Idea one, find a Denon AVR-X3300 (seen a few at £300 used). Audyssey XT32, plenty of power, leaves you lots more money for speakers and sub/s. :)

Idea one, find a Denon AVR-X3300 (seen a few at £300 used). Audyssey XT32, plenty of power, leaves you lots more money for speakers and sub/s. :)
I did think of going down the used route, at least on the speakers but find I'm arguing with myself in my head over warranty v no warranty with a receiver.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom