HBO's Big Little Lies Season 2 Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Cheers for the review and heads up, pal.
I watched season one thinking I'd hate it as yet another I am woman, hear me scream balls up, that so much is of late, but I rather liked the animal pack theme to it.
Good to have two episodes to swerve on in with.
Streep is clearly expected to give a Master Class here, though with such an ensemble it shouldn't drown things too much for favourites.
This will be flickering away later with a glass or two...

Love this show, the performances are sublime.

Streep playing the ultimate annoying monster in law.

It's OK. A group of women that can't handle the aftermath of their past actions.

Probably for the Liberal crowd :D

In a year of excellent TV I thought season one was a stand out and quite brilliant.

Thanks for the review (didn’t know the books story continued).

Take the point about no recent success for Ms Witherspoon but understand she sets up and produces her own projects now and would strongly recommended watching her film Wild as it’s very good.

In a year of excellent TV I thought season one was a stand out and quite brilliant.

Thanks for the review (didn’t know the books story continued).

Take the point about no recent success for Ms Witherspoon but understand she sets up and produces her own projects now and would strongly recommended watching her film Wild as it’s very good.
Great film, Wild (Under the radar that one) :D

Missus was watching this last night, and I was half watching mixed with some phone browsing - why did
the FBI arrest Laura Derns fella? Money laundering?

Season 1 had a cracking soundtrack too.

I am enjoying the second series, but it is only available in HD format. I thought the first series was available in UHD, or is my memory fading...

hall2056

Missus was watching this last night, and I was half watching mixed with some phone browsing - why did
the FBI arrest Laura Derns fella? Money laundering?
Yeah, insider trading/stocks and such.

Streep now has a picture in the dictionary -
Passive-aggressive, see: Streep,Meryl
download (5).jpg

Last edited:
We can save the world a lot of hassle and trouble and drop Mary Louise down a lift shaft :D

Shows like this make me wonder why they bother with 4K, when it's filled with actresses who still get soft lens focusing to hide their age lines.
All those women and they manage to keep a secret? Yeah, right.
Why the Hell Jane hasn't ****ted Mary Louise is beyond the pale.

Renata's reaction to her husband's "stress management" :blush::D

Finale next week.

Renata's reaction to her husband's "stress management" :blush::D

Finale next week.
Yeah, well if I was married to her; I'd need some serious French relief, in which $160,000 would seem like a bargain.:love:
Makes me wonder if Detective Quinlan's (Merrin Dungey)
showing the police interview tape to Mary Louise will come out under Celeste's cross examination and if so, could spell disaster for her and the police blatant rule/law breaking. And, whether the photos of Celeste were in fact Quinlan's and not a PI as Celeste assumed.
Oh and that computer fall made me laugh, as Cleleste's lawyer never questioned it's validity and/or as an approximation. She is useless, what with her you don't get upset, I won't challenge hardly anything and the Judge will see better approach. Er, what?!
Will Mary Louise crack? Will Celeste shoot herself in the foot and go too far? Will one of them confess...Season 3?

Good end to the season
all wrapped up neatly (maybe not Renata?) so most likely no season 3 :smashin:

Chloe "I have connections" is my favourite character :D

Good end to the season
all wrapped up neatly (maybe not Renata?) so most likely no season 3 :smashin:

Chloe "I have connections" is my favourite character :D
Uh! Renata. Her husband gets them $410,000 and she blows up and loses it. Irony.
Neatly, except their going to the police could have Mary Louise U turning...

I really liked the finale, that court room scene with the video tape, OMG... so there gonna be a season 3?

Seemed to me that
Bonnie (Zoe Kravitz) could no longer stand the guilt so has gone to make a confession with the police at the end. This could fuel S3, or they could end it there - lots of movies and shows end in a similar way.

Seemed to me that
Bonnie (Zoe Kravitz) could no longer stand the guilt so has gone to make a confession with the police at the end. This could fuel S3, or they could end it there - lots of movies and shows end in a similar way.

They could continue with the trials (if there was gonna be any) and such. I guess it depends on the ratings which I'm not familiar with. Or how many Emmys and Golden Globes the show will get for this season.

I really liked the finale, that court room scene with the video tape, OMG... so there gonna be a season 3?
I've found the new season a fair step down, although still a good solid drama. I enjoyed a lot of the finale, but HATED the
final shot of all of them going into the police station. I can't accept that as an ending, given the potential ramifications of a group confession. Clearly a set up for season 3, but I'm not sure it'll materialise. I wanted a little more finality to things. Not a happy chappie. :mad:

Enjoyed it, thought Streep was superb, was laughing at her nerve on occasions.
They need to wrap it up next season though. Really enjoy the setting having been there, and the chilled vibe on some of the direction.
Headed down that coast for a holiday 6 years ago, must have taken a dozen photos of that bridge, love it.
0C8C7480-361A-4344-AACF-A5AE7D283E0B.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom