Haze 360 no more

Ico.

Prominent Member
Reaction score
1st it was a PS3, 360 and PC game... then it was a PS3 timed exclusive...

Now it's a PS3 exclusive. Although a version on the 360 late next year wouldn't surprise me.

Here.

Losing Haze isn't that big a blow, unless this is a sleeper hit like Bioshock...

With Halo 3 and Mass Effect I'm happy.

can't say I really liked any of the HD videos I watched at gamestrailers. Didn't excite me, roll on Halo 3 & COD4.

Damn, thought this one looked quite good & was happy with it being a timed exclusive as I didn't want anymore must have games for 2007.

Ah well, seems the console exclusive wars is starting to get properly underway, first the confirmation of no PS3 Bioshock in development, this one is in a similar vein. Guess we all knew it was coming, although between the 360 & the Wii consoles I'll certainly have more than enough quality games to choose from.

I'm glad its only on PS3. They could do with the exclusives to gain more interest from gamers. I saw the Dynamic Radiosity demonstration and it looked fantastic. Prob a Bioshock and Gears beater in the graphics dept. It looked as good as Crysis. Dynamic radiosity is prob going to take up 1 whole core of the PS3's 7 core prosessor and it shows. It's good that a developer is going to try and get the most out of the PS3.

If the above sounds like a PS3 praising thats good. It means MS will need to raise their bar which is good for all us gamers. The last thing we want is for MS to get comfortable at the top and get lazy.

What I found odd is that they already developed most of the 360 game, what a complete waste of money in development time :confused:
I can only assume Sony put some money their way as they are now seriously reducing the number of games they could sell.

Yer was'nt this game well into development for the 360? I thought the first vids they showed were for the 360 version. The 360 has more than enough shooters anyway, losing this generic looking fps with the drugs thing as its gimmick is'nt so bad. Now having to wait another 6 months for Unreal 3 is alot worse, since that actually looks like its gonna be something special, I'm surprised there aint a preview thread for it yet.

Yer was'nt this game well into development for the 360? I thought the first vids they showed were for the 360 version. The 360 has more than enough shooters anyway, losing this generic looking fps with the drugs thing as its gimmick is'nt so bad. Now having to wait another 6 months for Unreal 3 is alot worse, since that actually looks like its gonna be something special, I'm surprised there aint a preview thread for it yet.

Its times like this when its good to be a multiplatform owner

Personally this looked like the best FPS in years, far better than the vastly overrated Halo 3. I think this is a big loss for 360 owners, they'll be missing out on a great shooter with a lot of new ideas and innovation.

The video previews looked great, the screenshots looked superb, and the new gameplay video released today looked amazing.

4 player online co-op will be brilliant, as will the single player offline mode and the online multiplayer will be sublime, anyone who's played Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Timesplitters 2 and Timesplitters 3 will know just how good the last two gens of Free Radicals multiplayer modes have been, so this gen would have been even better.

If the above sounds like a PS3 praising thats good. It means MS will need to raise their bar which is good for all us gamers. The last thing we want is for MS to get comfortable at the top and get lazy.

The interesting thing about that is that it isn't totaly correct :rolleyes:

Wouldn't the 360 games bar be raised by better games actually appearing on the 360? Games compete with games for gamers cash. And publishers (apart from first party guys, of which free radical aren't one at present) are interested in selling games rather than consoles (they will look at an exisiting installed user base).

Less exclusives, allied with improved and more common development tools cross platform, would be better for gamers imo.

Well Haze did not really look to be bringing anything new to the party that has not already been seen in a myriad of games, but still a most odd move... since it's not really the sort of game that will shift consoles it would seem that the developers/publishers are content with the smaller profits that supporting the reduced PS3 user base only will generate.

Bizarre!

Well Haze did not really look to be bringing anything new to the party that has not already been seen in a myriad of games, but still a most odd move... since it's not really the sort of game that will shift consoles it would seem that the developers/publishers are content with the smaller profits that supporting the reduced PS3 user base only will generate.

Bizarre!

Maybe they want to concentrate on getting the best out of the PS3 first then port it over to the X360 later. We all know its harder to develope on the PS3. Id rather it be that way round than be developed for the X360 and the PS3 get a shoddy port.

I am a bit dissapointed (as I love FPS'), but at the same time I dont really think that it is that impressive. It certainly isnt such a high profile shooter that it can carry the PS3 into the lead!

It will just end up being a shame that such a small audience will get to play it.

Maybe they want to concentrate on getting the best out of the PS3 first then port it over to the X360 later. We all know its harder to develope on the PS3. Id rather it be that way round than be developed for the X360 and the PS3 get a shoddy port.

But then surely if that was the case they would have just released the 360 version and then spent a bit longer on the PS3 version until it was right?

Codemasters have done this with colin mcrae: dirt, and I cant see it affecting sales for the PS3 version as PS3 owners will still want to buy a game that is good.

All Free radical have done now is severly limit the sales potential of the game.

But then surely if that was the case they would have just released the 360 version and then spent a bit longer on the PS3 version until it was right?

Codemasters have done this with colin mcrae: dirt, and I cant see it affecting sales for the PS3 version as PS3 owners will still want to buy a game that is good.

All Free radical have done now is severly limit the sales potential of the game.

Because its easier to port a game from the PS3 to the X360. Most of the X360 to PS3 ports have been shocking and lazy.

Was not really looking forward to this game at all, from what i have seen its not going to be anything new.

Might still check it out on PS3 but would of prefered adding the gamerpoints to my 360 ;)

anyone who's played Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Timesplitters 2 and Timesplitters 3 will know just how good the last two gens of Free Radicals multiplayer modes have been, so this gen would have been even better.

timesplitters 4 in development too at the moment.:D

This looked awful on todays episode of The 1Up Show, bland locales and framerate was all over the place.

Because its easier to port a game from the PS3 to the X360. Most of the X360 to PS3 ports have been shocking and lazy.

Its not easier to "port" games one way or another at all its just the PS3 has very poor developer tools in comparison to the 360 and is more complex to get the most out of it. Put simply at the present time it takes longer to program something for the PS3 and because its not a mature system yet the results are showing a trend at being worse than their 360 companions.

In time this may change of course but the above still does not explain why anyone would put all their eggs in with a console underperforming so badly at the moment. I personally wasn't too bothered about Haze as it did look very bland to me but I know the news will be a blow to some other 360 owners.

As stated in previous posts if this was an exclusive on a new Timesplitters game then that would be a massive aquisition. On the subject of if this was a sleeper hit then the odds are against them, games like Bioshock, Halflife, etc come along very rarely.

This looked awful on todays episode of The 1Up Show, bland locales and framerate was all over the place.

Or as they said 'ps2 textures'

I have a ps3 but after playing it at Leipzig there is a lot of work to do for example the vehicle sections should be cut they were that bad.

purchasing it is far from certain for me, ive got a feeling halo3 and COD4 will be taking a lot of my time...

Pretty good news! The PS3 needs all the exclusives it can get, kind of makes it seem worth having apart from as a Blu Ray player. :)

Pretty good news! The PS3 needs all the exclusives it can get, kind of makes it seem worth having apart from as a Blu Ray player. :)

As long as the games are actually good. ;) :D

I wouldnt count on that. Free Radical are making Star Wars Battlefront 3 next.

i would count on that due to the fact it came from the mouth of the developers themselves.
6.gif

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom