Hay Fever

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by EwanSuttie, Mar 24, 2010.

1. EwanSuttie

EwanSuttie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'v got a medicine that I'v been taking for hay fever for years now(forgotten what it's called) but I always foget to start taking it until it's nearly too late. I was wandering if now is a good time to start taking it again (to prepare for summer ahead)? Now I know Hay Fever varies from person to person and from place to place (i'm in Edinburgh) but has anyone else started yet?

2. x3j3UKN

x3j3UKN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +647
    Ive not really started yet, but I have been having lots of honey this year which I am told helps

3. EarthRod

EarthRod
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,019
    My daughter suffers from hay fever and she starts the medication straight away when she first feels the onset of sinus and puffy eyes.

She started the meds last week - hay fever seems to have kicked in early this year.

4. jdevil

jdevil
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,510
    I got really itchy eyes since the past 2 weeks now, its really hard when you got to study, you really lose concentration with all that scratch you do.:rotfl:

5. dudeness

dudeness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    I am allergic to Pollen but just can't breath with it, which is worse as I get all the internal symptoms but no outward ones, cept swollen eyes... Mine started weeks ago and back to taking tablets morning and evening until Sept probably :mad:

6. scarty16

scarty16

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +425
    started about 4 weeks ago

7. JimmyMac

JimmyMac
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,483
    yes, start taking it, I've worked in Allergy and one of the key points of the medication is to start taking it at least 1 month prior to the normal onset. Obviously its not easy to predict when it starts but most people have a similar onset each year and thus start a month prior. You basically need to get the product into your system and up to a "working" level in order to aid the prevention of symptoms

8. JimmyMac

JimmyMac
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,483
    theres trial data that shows pretty conclusively that Allergic Rhinitis will cause around a 1 grade drop on average in people studying for exams, loads of kids doing GCSE and A-levels end up badly effected by it

9. everett_psycho

everett_psycho
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,623
    why was i not told this? This is why i've always been a B level student and not A, it's got nothing to do with my lazyitis :D

started my meds almost 2 weeks ago, but that was induced by the cat at my girlfriends parents house and as we are going back this weekend i thought i'd dose up to give me a chance, but my eyes have been a bit sore recently so it's due to kick in any day now :(

10. JimmyMac

JimmyMac
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,483
    its become a major selling point for a lot of pharma companies promooting into allergic rhinitis, the proven link is their way of bringing more attention to the problem and getting more sales because of it.

Might be an idea to hunt down the trial, go into every exam sniffling regardless of how you feel then plead your case afterwards for a grade bump :D