Haxball - best online flash game ever?

BOUMSONG

Novice Member
Haxball is an online multiplayer football/ice hockey game.

Really addictive. It's easy enough to pick up at first, though it's difficult to get good at (for me anyway).

I'm rubbish at the moment but it's quality.

CLICK ME

BOUMSONG

Novice Member
I find the people on it pretty funny. There's a lot of trolls, angry kids and also some decent folk. It is the internet after all!

Some of the trolls crack me up though. One kid yesterday was clearly pretending he didn't know how to play and kept scoring own goals. When he got abuse he said it was down to him that they were winning :d.

EDIT - I seem to range between being reasonably good and utterly hopeless at this game. Using the keyboard for dribbling takes a lot of getting used to. I still struggle with diagonal dribbling for example, and often end up going in circles.

BOUMSONG

Novice Member
Been playing it quite a bit and starting to get pretty good at it. I'm hammering most people in 1 v 1's.

BOUMSONG

Novice Member
was playing in a full 11 v 11 match last night, pretty insane (see the pic) :D. Was quite laggy though, check the ping !

haxball.png

Ben Ingber

I have backed out of it a little. I'm not that good most of the time (I have the odd great match, but I'd say 1 in 4) and in one game I got a load of abuse (it was quite funny tbh) but now I'm too scared to go back.

BOUMSONG

Novice Member
I have backed out of it a little. I'm not that good most of the time (I have the odd great match, but I'd say 1 in 4) and in one game I got a load of abuse (it was quite funny tbh) but now I'm too scared to go back.
Hahaha!

I take it so seriously, I actually feel really tense when I play it and treat it like a real game of football. You have to concentrate a lot more than fifa because you can't rely on the AI bailing you out

Ben Ingber

Hahaha!

I take it so seriously, I actually feel really tense when I play it and treat it like a real game of football. You have to concentrate a lot more than fifa because you can't rely on the AI bailing you out

It's true, it's a lot of pressure.

I feel like I do in real football. A constant dread that I'm going to let everyone down, which eventually becomes a horrible sinking feeling when I actually do let everyone down. :(

Would love to play with mates or people that understand the meaning of learning curve.

Iccz

Oh wow this game is class haha, just had a quick game with 4 people. We should all jump in a game together sometime for a laugh.

BOUMSONG

Novice Member
I'll be on tonight. My name is plamf, I'm on there all the time. I'm getting pretty good at this game now. Though I'm still prone to being really good then bloody awful (I think a lot of people fall into this bracket). It took me ages just to get to grips with dribbling and shooting.

It feels remarkably like playing real football, if you pull off some skill with the ball or score a good goal you're delighted :D. Can be really tense and you have to concentrate carefully.

Ben Ingber

Oh wow this game is class haha, just had a quick game with 4 people. We should all jump in a game together sometime for a laugh.

Sorry I missed this post. I'd definitely be up for that. Haven't played loads but done a bit here and there. Really like it though.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom