Having trouble finding an Xbox 360 PSU that fits my XBOX 360

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by aka_hitman007, Jan 22, 2008.

1. aka_hitman007

aka_hitman007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So here is the story i brought an xbox 360 off this guy from my local newspaper, but the only problem was that it had no Supply unit because it had blown up or something. I have a 2006 model of the xbox360, and i thought i could just borrow my cousins but to my shock it did not fit, could someone tell my why? because i dont know, ive been searching the net trying to find the correct one but im not sure on which one to buy. Did microsoft make different models or something and the worst thing is they dont even sell replacments in shops, ive been to them all and got the same answer NO. So i asked my mate and he said this fourms is one of the best places to ask this question so here i am and i hope that someone could help me, which kind of supply unit do i need is the question. this is the only console iv had this problem with and im hopeing someone can help and i can get Gears of War and finally play this fantastic game which is the only reason i brought the consloe.

2. rEVILospud

rEVILospud

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    The PSU are different with older and newer models.
    The newer ones with the Falcon chipset, most likely to have HDMI connectivity, have a plastic looking connection going into the Xbox 360, whereas the earlier ones were metal.
    I assume they have made them fit differently as the newer ones work on less power.
    Look on the back of the machine for the manufacture date to see if it's newer or older.

Best place to look for one is eBay really, probably talking about £30 though.

3. snake II

snake II

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    hey aka hitman, welcome to av. forums.

Hmm a console without wires, I just hope you did not get scammed into buying a stolen xbox..... perhaps it will have more issues then.

enjoy your time at av forums

" vong"

4. snake II

snake II

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    so any luck with the cable then mate:D