HAving trouble deciding on a new monitor

Discussion in 'Computer Peripherals & Consumables' started by gigantor, May 27, 2008.

1. gigantor

gigantor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi guys

I've been considering buying a new monitor for some time but have never got round to it, however, after buying a 360 I feel the time is right as I will want to hook it up to that as well as for regular PC use.

I have a budget of £270 top end and really would prefer to not spend more than that as my girlfriend already thinks I'm spending too much and wants to kill me :p

I've done a fair bit of research,and have noticed for around £260 I could get what effectively is a budget 24in monitor or for the same price I could get a top end 22in. However, the 24in go up to that 1920x1200 resolution which makes it very desirable to me especially as I'll be using it as much for my 360 as anything else.

So, what would you do? Would you go for a top end 22in or a budget 24in? Does it even make that much difference?

As a sidenote, the 24in I've been looking at is:
    http://www.dabs.com/productview.asp...11109&PageMode=1&NavigationKey=11109,49810000

And the 22in I've been looking at is:
    http://www.oyyy.co.uk/product.php?xProd=59976

Any suggestions and/or feedback on those monitors would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance guys :)

2. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,413