Having trouble activating Dolby Atmos in LG CX + Samsung HW-Q950A

kjang0517

I'm having trouble using Dolby Atmos in devices like Xbox Series X and Apple TV 4k with LG CX using eARC connection only. Directly connecting the devices to the soundbar solves the problem but can't use 120hz and experiences subtle video frame problem so want to avoid using the direct connection. I’ve turned on throughpass + eARC + bitstream in CX and the devices but the problem persists. Anyone experiencing the same problem?

Last edited:

NanoGuidingStar

Forget about it!

All Samsung's 2020/2021 Soundbars don't support Dolby Atmos(Dolby MAT 2.0/2.1) eARC Passthrough with this combo. So you can't get Dolby Atmos audio from Xbox, PC, ATV4K through eARC Passthrough. You could buy other brands' Soundbars or Samsung's 2019 Soundbars(Q90R, Q80R) they should work fine.

kjang0517

Forget about it!

All Samsung's 2020/2021 Soundbars don't support Dolby Atmos(Dolby MAT 2.0/2.1) eARC Passthrough with this combo. So you can't get Dolby Atmos audio from Xbox, PC, ATV4K through eARC Passthrough. You could buy other brands' Soundbars or Samsung's 2019 Soundbars(Q90R, Q80R) they should work fine.
I think that's the right conclusion for now. Or you can get help from 3rd-party devices such as Thenaudio's SHARC (SHARC eARC Audio Converter) or HDFury's VRROOM (8K VRROOM 40Gbps | HDFury.com | Connect and Fix everything in HDMI).

cuke2u

Is anyone working with Samsung to produce a firmware update to fix the DA passthrough issues?
I'm hoping this can be fixed soon..

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom