Having problems getting my nikkai dome 5.8 ghz av sender to my samsumg flatscreen?!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Melmes, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Melmes

Melmes
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I hope someone can help me, purchased a
    nikkai
    dome av sender yesterday from
    maplins
    connected from my sky+ box it up as per
    instuctions
    but cant pick up any signal whatsoever on the receiving
    tv
    in my bedroom - maybe 15ft away max (
    tv
    is a
    samsung
    flatscreen
    straight out of the box)-
    i've
    switched the frequencies around so they match up but am still having problems.
    the av sender has all the right parts
    eg
    :
    correct
    sending and receiver cables.

hope someone can help me

thanks

matt

2. SUEBANETT

SUEBANETT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI, I ALSO BOUGHT ONE OF THESE BACK IN JANUARY WHICH TOOK A LOT OF SETTING UP!!! I MANAGED TO GET A PICTURE BUT THE IR EYE WOULD'NT PICK UP THE SIGNAL TO SEND UPSTAIRS. YOU DEFINATELY NEED HELP DOING THIS!!! I FINALLY GOT IT GOING PERFECTLY AND THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN I COULD ONLY TURN IT ON WITH THE REMOTE AND COULDN'T GET IT TO CHANGE CHANNEL OR ANYTHING ELSE. I TOOK IT BACK TODAY AND MAPLINS WERE VERY GOOD AND JUST EXCHANGED IT FOR ME. UNFORTUNATELY, IT WON'T CHANGE CHANNEL AND I CAN'T EVEN TURN IT ON FROM UPSTAIR NOW. SO I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE I CAN DO WITH IT. IF ANYONE CAN ADVISE ME I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL TOO, COS WHEN IT WORKS, IT'S BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lease:

3. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,311
    Welcome to both of you, but do NOT shout, and we could do without the pretty colours, OK?
    Matt - let's have some details - what are the right parts and cables - how are they connected?
    Sue - It sounds like intermittent RF interference in your case - do a forum Search to find examples.
    Although the more expensive senders should be better, in practice the 2.4gHz sometimes are better.