1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

having my NEC 42" fixed

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by DarkBytes, Feb 10, 2005.

1. DarkBytes

DarkBytes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all ,
    1st post here , and I am afraid I am going to ask lots of questions , in the hope of drawing on your wealth of plasmatic knowledge :)

So I have a very old , but extreamly well built NEC plasma , its A plasmasync 4210w 42" screen. of course it is no match for the high end plasmas of today , but it would definatly give the 1k range a run for there money. This puppy cost 8 grand when it came out i believe.

So it has developed a fault , on the screen a strip about 3 cm wide has appeared , it runs a little less then half way up the screen and is slighyly to the right.

This I am informed , is due to a blown ribbon that is bonded to the panel ( essentially there are ribbons accross the top and the bottom of panel that control the picture for that area.

Now a chap in london contacted me , informing me that his company can repair this fault. they have a machine that can remove bonded ribbon and replace and re bond it with another.

Now NEC dont reapir this model anymore so I am going to go for it.
    but I have no box , I was wondering if anyone knows of a place where i could order a flat pack box ?
    Or is there anyone in the peterborough area , who could perhaps lend me there 42" box ( will gladly give recompense).

anyone ?

or have any of you had simuler repair jobs done ? apprently its quite a new technique ?

Also I am looking for a table stand for the plasma, its quite old so I think that may prove tricky , as I think you need a specific type for the NEC ones.

anyway thanks for your time, I look foward to your comments
    nice to be here :hiya:

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Welcome mate, anyone who repairs plasmas should be able to offer you a soft bag or hard flightcase to be sent out for a small charge.
    There are a few universal stands partington feet etc and Unicol probably do one see www.unicol.com email them the model number and they will be able to quote you a price etc.

3. craigz

craigz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also have an nec in need of the doctor - a 42 pd2. Did you source a falt pack box? And could you let me have the contact details for you repairers

Thanks in advance.