Having a UK and US account up an running on a PS3

Did they charge you for the shipping mate does anyone know if they do bit of a stitch if they do:eek:

What about an adres for the UK? Anyone has a random?

Grtz.

Think of a random UK company, go to their website & take down their address

Did they charge you for the shipping mate does anyone know if they do bit of a stitch if they do:eek:

Yeah they do charge for shipping, it says so on the link.

u will be charged a shipping price.It is a Handling charge and taxes, as we have to get these from a store and pay NY Sales tax on top of the price.

has anyone got a step by step guide, going to do this tonight

has anyone got a step by step guide, going to do this tonight

It is tha same as creating your UK account. You just need to create a new local user on your PS3, go to the Network section on the XMB and choose Sign Up, use a different email address (to the one on your UK account), and use a valid US address (Hotel, etc) - preferably in a state with no Sales Tax (like Delaware).

Last edited:
Doh! I set mine as California - do I have to pay sales tax on all my PSN games now?

Does this make SFII more expensive?

I think I had the same with mine and noticed I got added tax.

If I change my location, will that stop them adding tax?

I have thought about doing this but isn't it technically fraud giving false address details? If someone were really harsh it could constitute a criminal offence I would guess?

I must confess I am sick of US store getting much more content and I am very tempted to create a US account but I am not sure about the actual implication of doing so. Hmmm..

Thoughts?

I have thought about doing this but isn't it technically fraud giving false address details? If someone were really harsh it could constitute a criminal offence I would guess?

I must confess I am sick of US store getting much more content and I am very tempted to create a US account but I am not sure about the actual implication of doing so. Hmmm..

Thoughts?

Dont be silly :rotfl:

It is only an offense to give a false address to the Police :smashin:

Fraud is, by definition, when you do someone out of money. This is not the case when you sign up for the US store, or the HK store for that matter :thumbsup:

Fraud is obtaining goods, services or money by deception. So yes it is fraud, however I very much doubt anyone would prosecute you for it, what's far more likely is that Sony may start filtering by IP address meaning they will only allow US IP addresses access the US store or they will ban these accounts.

Fraud is obtaining goods, services or money by deception. So yes it is fraud, however I very much doubt anyone would prosecute you for it, what's far more likely is that Sony may start filtering by IP address meaning they will only allow US IP addresses access the US store or they will ban these accounts.

I really dont think you could fraudulently do someone out of a free service such as the PS Store :D

Fraud is, by definition, when you do someone out of money. This is not the case when you sign up for the US store, or the HK store for that matter :thumbsup:

Technically it is fraud as its a way of obtaining goods and services by deception by the letter of the law, but thats why I am asking, is it an issue in practice?

"Sorry officer i got confused and entered the wrong address" ;)

I havent heard of anyone being prosecuted for PSN address/email "fraud" and really i think this is so low grade they would never bother if just downloading demos and videos. If using a credit card to purchase items, then they might get more twitchy as they'd want the details to pursue you if they was any issues. But the free stuff? No way.

I have a US account, but I've never used it in the store, only in Home.
The environmet is quite different. In the Euro one people tand to run aronud a lot and ask 'where are you from?', whereas in the American version, ther'es more real talking.

Probably down to the language barriers we have in the Euro version.

My Entropay card has stopped working for some reason on the US Store, so I am desperate to get some funds into my account.

I did some research and found "hdmoviestore" and they sell $20 and $50 cards - and I dont know if its changed (from the info below), but they now DONT charge shipping.

It says in the description of the card to change your shipping address country to "CARDS" and then you wont pay any shipping (as they email you the code).

Waiting to receive the code, but guess it will be later today... will update! :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom