Quantcast

Having a UK and US account up an running on a PS3

teddies

Standard Member
I'm expected my UK PS3 to be delivered on Friday, fingers crossed. I will obviously be signing up for an account on the UK PS3 Network. Is it also possible to have the same PS3 signed up to the US PS3 Network? Meaning I could download Flow on Friday, without having to wait for the UK release? It would also be helpful to download games or addons from whichever network is selling them cheapest.

If this is possible, how does it work in practise? When I boot up the PS3 and try and access the PS3 Network, will it then give me the choice of the US or UK Network?

hottstuff

Banned
You setup seperate user accounts on your PS3.
Each account can be for either UK/JAP/US.
When you switch on you select which user you want to sign in as.
Voilia.

m1ket

yes i actually have a uk, japan, us and hongkong psn logins :rotfl:

but i set it to auto login my eu one

Sunshinewelly

Distinguished Member
and prey tell please how do you do this.

is it simply a case of using a foreign address

rhodos

Yep same as miket here. I have US, UK and HK. Actually two UK, one for me and one for the boss.

Just use a hotel addy for your US and HK address. Search on Marriott New York and Marriott Honk Kong and ur done.

Also note that US store allows you to use a UK Mastercard but not Visa. The HK store does not allow any UK cards any longer but you can still download free stuff, e.g. Golf 5 just out.

Pebb

Yep same as miket here. I have US, UK and HK. Actually two UK, one for me and one for the boss.

Just use a hotel addy for your US and HK address. Search on Marriott New York and Marriott Honk Kong and ur done.

Also note that US store allows you to use a UK Mastercard but not Visa. The HK store does not allow any UK cards any longer but you can still download free stuff, e.g. Golf 5 just out.
Do you have any good US Hotel Addresses I can use to setup a US Network account please?

mwjdavies

Novice Member
Here ya go!

350 WEST MART CENTER DRIVE
CHICAGO, IL 60654
UNITED STATES

181 Johnston Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong

Above is 2 addresses, one for USA & one for HONG KONG (to state the obvious!!) (US addy is of a hotel, HK addy of RIOCH!!):devil:

I just changed the numbers slightly to somehing a bit random! :D

Its dead easy to do, just set up a new master account, select USA or HONG KONG instead of UK, add ya details such as above, and hey presto. I didnt bother adding new billng details, just logged on, and downloaded the free demo's of NBA2k7 from US site, and Golf from Hong Kong.

So i got my normal UK account, and then I got "USA Store" and "Hong Kong Store" as my 2 new accounts :)

m1ket

I currently live at the holiday inn in florida, and the marriot in japan:rotfl:

sneeks

I've setup accounts for the US and HK today, very easy to do and it provides good access to other content.

Does the Japan store offer anything different to HK?

PlexShaw

Yeah, I live a Microsoft HQ Japan for my Japanese account and the Playboy Mansion for my US account.

Zeromajor

PlexShaw

Sounds like old hugh will be getting your psn promotional flyers then :D
Yeah, I do wonder if Hef has received anything from Sony SCEA. Maybe he'll get some Playmates to track the elusive Plex Shaw down? :devil:

davebutton

thank you very much, there is loads of different stuff on us psn store :thumbsup:

bubs999

Just setup a US account, but I can't add funds as my credit card is registered to my UK address obviously and it won't let you change the country.

Is this to stop people buying items from the US store in the Uk?

Is there any other way to do this? (tried via the internet also)

sneakyg

Novice Member
hi, if i set up a us account (want it to purchase streetfighter) will it simply be downloaded to the ps3 as normal, will i be able to play it regardless of what account i login under and how will i pay for the game? paypal? will my english paypal account work?

bubs999

hi, if i set up a us account (want it to purchase streetfighter) will it simply be downloaded to the ps3 as normal, will i be able to play it regardless of what account i login under and how will i pay for the game? paypal? will my english paypal account work?
As long as the account details remain on the PS3, it doesn't matter which one you sign into for the game to work :smashin:

LP76

Novice Member

Trending threads

Latest News

Huawei launches Vision X65 OLED TV in China
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Virgin Media adds more free Sky channels
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney Plus reaches 50 million subscribers globally
  • By Andy Bassett