1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having a prob with new panasonic ds65

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by jamin6721, Oct 3, 2003.

1. jamin6721

jamin6721

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I got myself a panasonic ds65 after reading good reviews on here. The camera is fab, but im having a small problem with windows movie maker capturing:

If i capture via the WMM wizard and choose

"digital device format (DV-AVI)"

"capture parts of the tape manually all works fine". ( although there seems a slow delay with the onscreen cam controls and the speed the camcorder responds )

But if I choose "capture the entire tape automatically"

the camera "rewinds tape" as indicated in the wizard with the tick , then the tick moves down to the next step "capturing video" and before the camera starts play back of the tape I get an error saying:

"The specified Video Device is not responding. Verify the device is connected properly and turned on, and try capturing again"

It seems as if WMM timesout after about 1 second if the camcorder cant start playback of the tape fast enough after rewinding.

This happens 90% of the times i try?

Also when i send my edited file back to the camera i miss the 1st couple of seconds because WMM seems to send the stream before the camera is ready (started recording).

Do you think theres a fault with the ds65 mechanics working to slow?

Is there anyway to slow down / delay / increase timeout in WMM?

I cant find any info on this on the net or ms support, so if anyone could help i'd appreciate it

thanks

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    First thing to do is download the free upgrade to Movie Maker 2 from the MS web site. This will give much better features and quality.
    There will always be a slight delay between the software controls and the camcorder getting going. This IMO is not a fault, just the fact that the PC has to send the device controls after proccessing the fact you have requested them.
    Always record a few seconds of blank at the start & end of a movie before sending back to the camcorder. This will stop you missing the start of your footage.

Mark.

3. jamin6721

jamin6721

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks mark, good idea. A few seconds of blank before the vid will do the trick :). At least I know theres nothing wrong with the camcorder.

I upgraded to WMM2 and yer it is miles better.

thanks for putting my mind at ease mate.

Ben

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Glad to be of some help! :cool:

Mark.