Having a hard time with John lewis

crashuk

Established Member
Reaction score
Having a hard time with John Lewis, purchased the TV last year there was a fault white dots on the 55ES8000, they were supposed to deliver a new one, but on the day they never turned up, 2 days later I had to leave, a day later they call on my door next door neighbour said I was not here. Received email from him telling me that they tried to deliver. I called them up and spoke to the CS and the warehouse I was promised that they would hold it for me for the period that I would be away.

A few months later phone up to arrange the delivery, I was told they could not find the TV and they'll call me later with an update.
Few weeks pasted, called them was told that they could not find it and that they will be ordering me another but at this time there was no stock. A few weeks later called them up about it I was told that there still was no stock, end of March was told they no longer offer that model and they would swap it for the equivalent which is the FS8000. Few days later i was told that I had to pay the full price as my ES8000 was done on a price match, of course I pointed out that they lost the TV and had months to fix this problem etc...

Told them I contact then in a month to give them time to either replace it with the same model or the newer one. During this time I did a price match.

This week called them up spoke to a manager explained etc... what I was told over the phone, I told him about the price match he said yes we have taken that into account and you still have to pay the difference (told me he looked at the notes) on the 4 April, I replied that they could not have taken that into account because the price match was done until the 20th April. He then told me oh yes the decision was done on the 20th April told him that was impossible because I did not inform anyone until today regarding the price match, in fact he was the only person I told.

I was told either to take the refund or go for a lesser TV, I told him I can not get the same TV because you don't have it, and my TV is the 8000 series so I should get the same was told no unless I paid the difference. I Told him if it is not my fault, I have lost out. it is John Lewis fault, you knew that you promised to hold it for me you ample time to exchange it, you promised to call you never did, I have been chasing it up for months.

And now the TV has been discontinued you should replace it with the equivalent model I was told no. pretty annoyed with them, there is more but Ive cut short with the basic points.
I was planning on buying a 3d 4k blue ray and stand but I'am think twice now about shopping there, seems like their CS has become terrible there standards are dropping after so many years with them.

Last edited:
Speak to trading standards and also state that you will be doing so. Make sure everything is in writing (e-mails/letters etc), you wont have a leg to stand on if all you have is your word vs theirs.

Having a hard time with John Lewis, purchased the TV last year there was a fault white dots on the 55ES8000, they were supposed to deliver a new one, but on the day they never turned up, 2 days later I had to leave, a day later they call on my door next door neighbour said I was not here. Received email from him telling me that they tried to deliver. I called them up and spoke to the CS and the warehouse I was promised that they would hold it for me for the period that I would be away.

A few months later phone up to arrange the delivery, I was told they could not find the TV and they'll call me later with an update.
Few weeks pasted, called them was told that they could not find it and that they will be ordering me another but at this time there was no stock. A few weeks later called them up about it I was told that there still was no stock, end of March was told they no longer offer that model and they would swap it for the equivalent which is the FS8000. Few days later i was told that I had to pay the full price as my ES8000 was done on a price match, of course I pointed out that they lost the TV and had months to fix this problem etc...

Told them I contact then in a month to give them time to either replace it with the same model or the newer one. During this time I did a price match.

This week called them up spoke to a manager explained etc... what I was told over the phone, I told him about the price match he said yes we have taken that into account and you still have to pay the difference (told me he looked at the notes) on the 4 April, I replied that they could not have taken that into account because the price match was done until the 20th April. He then told me oh yes the decision was done on the 20th April told him that was impossible because I did not inform anyone until today regarding the price match, in fact he was the only person I told.

I was told either to take the refund or go for a lesser TV, I told him I can not get the same TV because you don't have it, and my TV is the 8000 series so I should get the same was told no unless I paid the difference. I Told him if it is not my fault, I have lost out. it is John Lewis fault, you knew that you promised to hold it for me you ample time to exchange it, you promised to call you never did, I have been chasing it up for months.

And now the TV has been discontinued you should replace it with the equivalent model I was told no. pretty annoyed with them, there is more but Ive cut short with the basic points.
I was planning on buying a 3d 4k blue ray and stand but I'am think twice now about shopping there, seems like their CS has become terrible there standards are dropping after so many years with them.

How much did you pay for the ES8000?

Then I'd expect you to have that as credit plus pay the difference to the cheapest F8000 deal you can find a match for, £1999? Maybe they could give you a bit of goodwill on top of that as they're forcing you to change. I got £200 goodwill out of them for sending me 2 faulty sets.

Then I'd expect you to have that as credit plus pay the difference to the cheapest F8000 deal you can find a match for, £1999? Maybe they could give you a bit of goodwill on top of that as they're forcing you to change. I got £200 goodwill out of them for sending me 2 faulty sets.

The point is it been going on since October last year, and the last straw was the lies told yesterday, iam in the process of writing to head office.

The point is it been going on since October last year, and the last straw was the lies told yesterday, iam in the process of writing to head office.

I had to escalate it up twice before I found someone who spoke any sense and had any authority, keep at it.

I had to escalate it up twice before I found someone who spoke any sense and had any authority, keep at it.

Had a call from another manager they are going to give me the F8000 now, but very unhappy at the way i was treated.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom