• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Havin some problems..

S

Stubbz

So basically, my subwoofer makes my desk vibrate, so pencils, pens, my SPEAKERS, (its a 2.1, Phillips)

They fall off, or turn around.. had a picture fall off my wall.. and NO.. I dont want to turn it off...

Also.. its really loud downstairs.. will setting it on the ground nullify the noise..

sbowler

Prominent Member
Most have a volume control you know. :eek: My sons setup on his laptop is the same. The problem with bass is its very difficult to isolate to one room. You need to physically disconnect it from the structure so as to reduce the amount of base being transmitted through the desk to the floor and to other rooms. Placeing it on the floor wont help. You need some way of minimizing its contact with the floor. Spikes are provided with AV subs and these help in many ways. You could try finding a couple of old tennis balls slicing them in half and placing them under the sub. Or large peices of blutack under each corner, may also help. Its a matter of experimenting with different materials. Also dont place the sub in a corner, this can increase the boominess as can placing it to close too walls.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom