Haven't seen a "which camera bag" thread in a while…

Tony8

Prominent Member
Reaction score
… so can anyone recommend me a good shoulder/small backpack camera bag that will take a body (non-gripped 650D) with pancake lens attached, 3 additional lenses and some wiggle room for the usual other fillers (batteries, rocket blower, intervalometer etc…)?

I currently use a Crumpler Jackpack 5500 (this), but after the arrival of my first "proper" lens today (Sigma 17-70) I fear that it's going to be too tight, and I don't particularly like the strap on that anymore as it has to go across my body rather than just over a shoulder.

I have the lowepro nova 180 as a day out shoulder bag when I have just the camera and a couple of lenses. It's good but my one issue is that it's quite square in shape and so sits proud of your hip. It can take an ipad too with some re-jig of the inserts.

I posted this in the which/where thread but might be better here

i am looking to get a replacement camera bag soon for an upcoming trip to New York later in the year. I have a Nikon D3000 with Kit 18-55mm, 35mm Prime and 55-200mm Tele lenses.

I also want the bag to hold my iPad too as i will be using this as my carry on luggage so needs to fit my kit but be small and compact.

Any recommendations? Budget around £50 (not a lot i know)

I like the crumpler stuff but none of the ones in the price range seem to fit the iPad too. Also seen this from Case Logic which is about £45 on Amazon.

Reflexion DSLR + iPad® Small Cross-body Bag - FLXM-101-ANTHRACITE | Caselogic

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thanks mate - bit bulky though. Kinda wanted an over the shoulder bag too for quick access to the camera.

Highly recommend Tamrac, I have the Rally 5 which is large enough to carry body and 3 lenses and is a stylish shoulder bag that doesn't look obviously like a camera bag. Really good quality too. They have a pretty good range to suit large and small set ups. Had a Crumpler before it and find the Tamrac a much higher quality bag and offers good protection.

tamrac | Rally 5

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers guys - will take a look. Liking both of them :)

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom