Have you sent an Xbox to MS for repair?

minineil

Established Member
Reaction score
Had ROD on my xbox, sent it to xbox on a free repair :smashin:

Just checked the microsoft on line repair site and the serial number has changed from a starting number of 5 to a 6:rolleyes:why and is not the same number i put in ,when i started this ?

Am i not getting my machine back .

Has it happened to anyone else .

Neil....

Had ROD on my xbox, sent it to xbox on a free repair :smashin:

Just checked the microsoft on line repair site and the serial number has changed from a starting number of 5 to a 6:rolleyes:why and is not the same number i put in ,when i started this ?

Am i not getting my machine back .

Has it happened to anyone else .

Neil....

You do sometimes get a different reconditioned console back. I got a replacement last November when I sent mine in with a E74 error.

My xbox has been having a guided tour of frankfurt for the last 3-4 days :arty:

FRANKFURT,DE 14/10/2008 7:05 REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY / SHIPMENT SUBMITTED TO CLEARING AGENCY
14/10/2008 7:05 REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY / RELEASED BY CLR AGENCY. NOW IN-TRANSIT

FRANKFURT,DE 11/10/2008 3:29 RETURNED TO SHIPPER

FRANKFURT,DE 10/10/2008 22:54 DESTINATION SCAN

Last edited:
My 2006 model 360 has been to microsoft twice and each time i have been given the same console back

My console is currently in Frankfurt being repaired, although microsoft decided to cancel the repair the day the console arrived in Frankfurt, so I don't even know if I'm going to get it back :eek:

Did they give you any info on why it has been cancelled?

Nope, guy on the phone when I rang the helpline didnt seem to know why either, although he did say it should still be repaired and sent back within 2 weeks, and to ring back if i still hadnt had it by then

Thats something. Sure they cant just take it and not give it back.

I have read of 360's being sent in as RROD when that isn't the case and sometimes they get fixed sometimes sent back. Also any case that has signs of tampering or being modified tends to get sent back.

Not saying any of these are the case here but I have seen these cases before.

sorry did try and change the topic tittle but could not.

Big thanks to the person who did it for me.

So i going to get some second hand machine back, The one I sent was mint apart from she had died , what happens if the one that comes is not as good as the one I sent :thumbsdowcondition

Last edited:
You do sometimes get a different reconditioned console back. I got a replacement last November when I sent mine in with a E74 error.

Was it in good condition the one you was given mate.

ye when i got mine back it had some dirty great black mark on it and was clearly a different xbox

ye when i got mine back it had some dirty great black mark on it and was clearly a different xbox

Yeah same here! when I sent my xbox back last November. Was always thinking that I would get someone's refub model back and it not being mean. Resulting in it being in poor condition and louder. Lucky got orginal back which is still going strong for my 3rd. Quite too, prob to it being a samsung dvd drive and not the loud hitachi. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom