Have you seen speakers with cabinets made of stone?

cribeiro

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi! I am really surprised, I found them in a hifi shop around here, and they look really nice. I think they are high end stuff, and quite far from my budget, but they must be good. I mean, what can vibrate less than a stone? The company is Avalanche, and the model I've seen in the web, s17. Looks really pretty!

I rememeber that Faraday used concrete- which looked hideous but was pretty inert. Are you saying these are actual single piece blocks though?

Hehe - they sure do, and one of them looks extremely "whatever the word for female equivalent of phallic is' :D

Originally posted by Tons of fun
I rememeber that Faraday used concrete- which looked hideous but was pretty inert. Are you saying these are actual single piece blocks though?

Faraday are still around, I bought one of his DIY books recently.

My speakers aren't stone but I've got Norh 4.1 speakers which are ceramic and also had a pair of Norh 5.1 which were synthetic marble. The density really does remove the boxy sound but also some of the 'warmth' vibrating wood panels bring to the sound.

There's a scandinavian company who makes some stone speakers that I really like the look of but can't find it at the moment. :rolleyes:

edit: Doh! They were the Avalanche Roundstone.

Those WA stands need 'rude' names not numbers.

:) Avanzato, I was actually going to ask you if they could be the Avalanche, but I see you have edited it :) BTW, I think I read they are finnish...

I think I will get those stands for the bedroom, and put some BIG candles on them... just for spicy nights ;-)

Oh, and thanks for the link, somehow I could only get the site in some strange language similar to german (danish? dutch?)... The point is I tried and could understand something, but it was very tiresome...

Edit: I am wondering if one can find reviews about these kind of speakers... I'm also searching, I will post what I find...

WooHoo I like the look of the Lady Stands! LOL but at £600 per pair would be cheaper to get a real "lady of the night" to hold the speakers for you!!!! LOL

Best regards David

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom