Have you had the Covid jab yet ?

Have you had the vaccine yet? Note: this is not a poll, it's a record of who has had which jab when

• Yes, Pfizer

Votes: 210 28.6%
  • Yes, Oxford/Zeneca

Votes: 400 54.5%
  • Moderna

Votes: 36 4.9%
  • Novavax

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • I've had my second dose too

Votes: 185 25.2%
  • and the booster

Votes: 141 19.2%
  • 3rd dose (e.g. immuno-compromised)

Votes: 15 2.0%
  • No, for medical reasons.

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • No, I'm still hesitant.

Votes: 33 4.5%
  • No, it's got babies,chips etc in it.

Votes: 14 1.9%
  • 2nd booster

Votes: 28 3.8%
  • Moderna bivalent booster

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Spring booster 2023

Votes: 8 1.1%

• Total voters
Had mine 5 minutes ago, in and out in a couple of minutes and straight back home (driving). Didn't even feel it. AZ BTW.

I had very mild side effects last night after my jab yesterday. Felt a little bit shivery and tired so took a couple of paracetamol, like the nurse who did my jab recommended, and went to bed a bit early. Woke up this morning feeling totally fine.

I’ve had a pretty rough 24 hours since my jab. A headache kicked in last night, then woke up in the middle of the night aching all over and shivering. Only managed a few hours sleep, but the aching has now largely subsided and the headache is not quite as bad. Plenty of paracetamol throughout the day seems to have helped. Just bloody tired now! I suspect I’ll be back to normal by tomorrow morning.

Just had it today there, my son is disabled and both myself and the wife are his carers so all three of us got it today. We all had Covid back last May and I don’t know I had it apart from a headache for a few days, the wife was achy but the son had it a bit worse and was touch and go whether they would admit him but in the end he stayed at home and was over the worst of it by the sixth day.

Will be interesting to see if we get any side effects of the jab, most I know who have had the Oxford jab have suffered worst between the two types.

BTW you can’t not know which jab you got, it says on your vaccine card.

Well I am pleased to say the amount of us forumites that have had the jab seems to be picking up now :smashin: I am a bit surprised though with the amount of folks saying they are getting a bit of a reaction albeit fairly mild. Fortunately most folks that get a reaction feel much better within 48hrs:clap:.

From what I was told getting a reaction isn’t such a bad thing because it shows your immune system is reacting to the jab. But those I know who have had Covid and suffered seem to suffer with the jab and those that didn’t realise they had Covid and get the jab have little reaction.

From what I was told getting a reaction isn’t such a bad thing because it shows your immune system is reacting to the jab. But those I know who have had Covid and suffered seem to suffer with the jab and those that didn’t realise they had Covid and get the jab have little reaction.
Interesting, by that logic I’m glad I’ve not caught COVID (and hopefully never do) as I suspect it would have done a number on me.

Yep. From my lack of reaction in first 24 hours I was going

AssuredLightGharial-small.gif

But I've now got a very sore arm so all is good...:smashin:

The wife and I had a very rough 24 hours after the AZ jab yesterday.

Temps hitting 39c.
Shivering cold then sweating buckets a while later.
Extreme headache, feels like your brain is too big for your skull, major pressure and stabbing pains.
Aching all over and very weak.
Only got an hours sleep through the night.
Sensitive skin.

This started about 9 hours after taking the jab and started to improve at pretty much 24 hours after the jab, The headache was definitely the worst part of it all for me.

I hope the next one isn't so bad lol.

Currently 11 hours since jab and feeling OK but when I got Covid in May I didn’t even know I had it. The son who also got it back then suffered way more and tonight he is got the shivers and sore so I do think there’s a link to how you reacted to the virus with those that got it before.

36 hours and a good nights sleep later and all my symptoms have disappeared. As said above, I hope the second dose isn’t as bad!

Touch wood, but I think I've got off very lightly, unless it's still to come. A bit of muscular stiffness this morning as if I'd been overdoing it yesterday, but nothing else.

..Yet :devil:

29 hours since I had the Jab and zero side effects for me apart from a very mild headache but since I get those all the time anyway I’m can’t say for sure whether it’s the jab or not.

My inlaws got the az jab yesterday also, just mild side effects, seems like the older you are the less side effects you get from the az jab?

Are you suggesting I'm old? :mad:

(Joking)

It's an interesting observation though. My parents are in their 90's ( I think we can all agree that is old ;)) and they had no adverse reactions either.

Had mine 5 minutes ago, in and out in a couple of minutes and straight back home (driving). Didn't even feel it. AZ BTW.

Well other than my dad sweating a bit the first day, he's had no other adverse reactions. Whereas my mum's arm is a bit sore (she had hers on Thursday). Both have had the AZ vaccine. If you've ever had a B12 injection, most other injections tend to feel like nothing. B12 if too cold stings like a bee.

Well other than my dad sweating a bit the first day, he's had no other adverse reactions. Whereas my mum's arm is a bit sore (she had hers on Thursday). Both have had the AZ vaccine. If you've ever had a B12 injection, most other injections tend to feel like nothing. B12 if too cold stings like a bee.
Yeah mine was like a warm bee sting going in. I get the flu vac every year and never feel that going in.

Last edited:
It's an interesting observation though. My parents are in their 90's ( I think we can all agree that is old ;)) and they had no adverse reactions either.
Indeed. My grandparents in their mid-80s had no side effects. I’m 31 and felt bloody awful!

It sort of makes sense to me really.
The older you are the less effective your immune system is likely to be, so no, or very mild, side effects. Younger people tend to feel like crap.
I feel quite happy to have felt awful for a couple of days.

All that said, I hope the jab at a minimum prevents everyone from getting seriously ill and being hospitalised whether they are 39 or 90.

Well I felt virtually no side effect and I'm 68 and the wife is 64 and she had a bit of a headache and felt a bit sluggish the morning after. So maybe the slight difference in our ages could explain the small difference in our after effects.

The main thing is though with us oldies is do we get the same benefits from the jab as you yung uns!!! :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom