Have you had the Covid jab yet ?

Have you had the vaccine yet? Note: this is not a poll, it's a record of who has had which jab when

• Yes, Pfizer

Votes: 210 28.6%
  • Yes, Oxford/Zeneca

Votes: 400 54.5%
  • Moderna

Votes: 36 4.9%
  • Novavax

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • I've had my second dose too

Votes: 185 25.2%
  • and the booster

Votes: 141 19.2%
  • 3rd dose (e.g. immuno-compromised)

Votes: 15 2.0%
  • No, for medical reasons.

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • No, I'm still hesitant.

Votes: 33 4.5%
  • No, it's got babies,chips etc in it.

Votes: 14 1.9%
  • 2nd booster

Votes: 28 3.8%
  • Moderna bivalent booster

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Spring booster 2023

Votes: 8 1.1%

• Total voters
For those with needle aversions, this is about as good as it gets - I didn't feel a thing. The flu jab is worse (and that's not even that bad).
I felt evey inch of the drainpipe sized needle going in and coming out for that matter. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Photos, or it didn't happen :)

Bit concerning that two people today have mentioned not bothering to hang around for the recommended 15 minutes wait time to see if anaphylactic shock is going to occur.
My clinic was insisting on the 15 minutes (but not longer, as I got chucked out on the dot at 15 mins and 0 seconds....:().

OK the odds are slim of it happening, but if it did I'd rather have it happen in a setting with medical staff, full anaphylatic kit, defib, and oxygen than 10 minutes down the road.

Last edited:
Did you manage to contact them?
Yes, called them back and got a message saying they would call again in the next 24 hours.
I really hope the nation's appreciation for the NHS/essential workers is lasting and substantial.

Bit concerning that two people today have mentioned not bothering to hang around for the recommended 15 minutes wait time to see if anaphylactic shock if going to occur.
May well not be a case of "not bothering". I was at a GP surgery on Tuesday while they were conducting a session & there was no provision for waiting afterwards.

Bit concerning that two people today have mentioned not bothering to hang around for the recommended 15 minutes wait time to see if anaphylactic shock is going to occur.
My clinic was insisting on the 15 minutes (but not longer, as I got chucked out on the dot at 15 mins and 0 seconds....:().

OK the odds are slim of it happening, but if it did I'd rather have it happen in a setting with medical staff, full anaphylatic kit, defib, and oxygen than 10 minutes down the road.
Some were asked to hang back for 15 minutes, but I wasn’t. There seems to be a judgement based on something I’m unaware of. My grandparents in their mid-80s weren’t required to stay the 15 minutes either. My mum is having hers next week and has already been asked to sit her car and wait 15 minutes - not sure what good being sat in the car alone will do if something did happen. I got the sense that the driving had a bigger impact on their decision as I was asked how I got to there (I walked).

I felt evey inch of the drainpipe sized needle going in and coming out for that matter. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Mine was extremely painful too!!

I'd had a CT scan 2 days previously and needed to have contrast dye injected into my arm and that was painless.

I believe the 15 minutes wait is only if you have the Pfizer vaccine and not the AZ one.

The Pfizer jab is much more prone to allergic reactions, so much more likely to asked to wait the 15 mins with that.
They implied as much with mine in that they said there’s no need to wait with the Astra Zeneca. I was surprised that it was the very first thing she said to me. In hindsight I wish I’d questioned it.

The wife and I both got our first Covid Jab today, We got the Oxford Zenica jab.
Small sting/burn feeling while it went in and all good so far.
Told us not to drive for 15 minutes and let us be on our way :)

We were lucky to get offered the vaccine so quickly, our 11 year old daughter is disabled and we have been sheltering since the start of all this covid carry on 1 year ago.

I believe the 15 minutes wait is only if you have the Pfizer vaccine and not the AZ one.
15 minutes wait for all vaccinations. Flu jab always had the same wait every time I had one, at least at my GP, Chemist or vaccination clinic.

Everyone at the vaccination clinic I went to (held in a large Sports Hall) was told to wait for 15 minutes whether they had received Pfizer vaccine or the AstraZeneca. I had the latter as I refused the Pfizer one.

EU Product Approval for AstraZeneca vaccine
4.4 Special warnings and precautions for use
Hypersensitivity and anaphylaxis
Appropriate medical treatment and supervision should always be readily available in case of an anaphylactic event following the administration of the vaccine.

Close observation for at least 15 minutes is recommended following vaccination. A second dose of the vaccine should not be given to those who have experienced anaphylaxis to the first dose of COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca.

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/docume...mp-29-january-2021-pending-endorsement_en.pdf

UK equivalent for AstraZeneca doesn't mention a specific time
Hypersensitivity
As with all injectable vaccines, appropriate medical treatment and supervision should always be readily available in case of an anaphylactic event following the administration of the vaccine.

Information for Healthcare Professionals on COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca

For Pfizer vaccine it does.
Hypersensitivity and anaphylaxis
Events of anaphylaxis have been reported. Appropriate medical treatment and supervision should always be readily available in case of an anaphylactic reaction following the administration of the vaccine.
Close observation for at least 15 minutes is recommended following vaccination. A second dose of the vaccine should not be given to those who have experienced anaphylaxis to the first dose of the COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...n_HCP_Information_BNT162_6_0_UK_editclean.pdf

Last edited:
Lot of folk talking about the 15 minute wait period after vaccination, it certainly was not required of anyone up here in Edinburgh where I had my injection.

Mine was extremely painful too!!

I'd had a CT scan 2 days previously and needed to have contrast dye injected into my arm and that was painless.
Contrast dye would go in a blood vessel whereas vaccine goes in muscle. But I guess both depend on the skill of whoever is holding the syringe.
Flu jab always had the same wait every time I had one, at least at my GP, Chemist or vaccination clinic.
When I had my AZ it appeared that only drivers where asked to wait the 15 mins. I've had flu jabs at my GP for around 10 years & never been asked to wait around
I do occasionally have painful issues with needles when giving blood, due to extremely tricky veins, but worse than that was accidentally ripping a cannula out of the back of my hand that wasn't taped on very well.
Me too & again I think it's a skill/experience thing. Some seem to have no trouble at all & some seem to be trying to finish on double one!

On my first kidney stone episode they put me on a drip. But it transpired that the bed I was in didn't have a stand, so they put the bag on the wall. The porter that came to take me for x-ray later didn't notice this... :eek:

I'm going for my jab in a bit. I rang the GPs yesterday due to a concern as to why I'm having it now instead of the with the group 9s. My GP is part of a large group of practices. I was told that a lot of their patients have already been to the vaccine centres and there's been a poor take up in some practice areas. So with my past medical history, even though I have no extra risk, I was given the call.

I just hope the poor take up in areas doesn't prove a stumbling block as to how we move out of this.

When I had my AZ it appeared that only drivers where asked to wait the 15 mins.
I'm having the AZ and have been told I only have to wait if I'm driving.

I just hope the poor take up in areas doesn't prove a stumbling block as to how we move out of this.
It's a real potential problem. Apparently 30% of care home staff, most of which will have been up close & personal to Covid deaths, have failed to take up the offer of a vaccine.

No idea how you address this, especially in a sector that's chronically under-staffed & under-paid.

It's a real potential problem. Apparently 30% of care home staff, most of which will have been up close & personal to Covid deaths, have failed to take up the offer of a vaccine.

No idea how you address this, especially in a sector that's chronically under-staffed & under-paid.
Enforce it under safety legislation.

Enforce it under safety legislation.
As I said, care homes are already under-staffed & under-paid so there really isn't any leverage to enforce vaccinations. No home is going to start sacking carers knowing that replacing them is very difficult. The carers themselves will also be acutely aware of this.

As I said, care homes are already under-staffed & under-paid so there really isn't any leverage to enforce vaccinations. No home is going to start sacking carers knowing that replacing them is very difficult. The carers themselves will also be acutely aware of this.
You must have worked somewhere that enforced safety legislation? Understaffed, underpaid never makes an argument. Good luck finding alternative employment after being dismissed for non-compliance.

Contrast dye would go in a blood vessel whereas vaccine goes in muscle. But I guess both depend on the skill of whoever is holding the syringe.

When I had my AZ it appeared that only drivers where asked to wait the 15 mins. I've had flu jabs at my GP for around 10 years & never been asked to wait around

Me too & again I think it's a skill/experience thing. Some seem to have no trouble at all & some seem to be trying to finish on double one!

On my first kidney stone episode they put me on a drip. But it transpired that the bed I was in didn't have a stand, so they put the bag on the wall. The porter that came to take me for x-ray later didn't notice this... :eek:
Yes, the contrast dye went into my blood vessel in my arm.

Painless in comparison to the covid-19 vaccination!

So yes, I think it must be down to skill as I've been injected loads and some hurt more than others.

30% is about right where my wife works. A fair number of the residents refused it as well.

They have just laid off 5 care staff due to empty beds. There aren't any new residents coming in at the moment.

So yes, I think it must be down to skill as I've been injected loads and some hurt more than others.
Yes, I have to have regular injections into my behind and most of the time I don't feel it but occasionally it's very painful.

Jabbed now and need to wait for them to contact me with a date for the next one.

Had mine today AZ, got there early as it happens but told no problem done and dusted within 10 mins and asked to wait 10 mins after, more then happy to do that, some pretty sights;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom