1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you got a JVC HV32P37??

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Simez, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Simez

Simez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was in currys yesterday and saw the new Jvc hv36p38 and liked the look of it, so I came home to have a look on line for the 32" version because I could be interested as I`m going to purchase a new tv soon. The problem is that according to the JVC web site the hv32p37 doesn`t look like it`s bigger brother as I would expect, but then I went onto the Discount audio web site and their picture was the same as the 36p38 I had seen. I much prefer the pic on the DA site as the set seems alot slimer.

Can anybody that has a hv32p37 clear up for me what it looks like, thanks in advance.

2. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,265
    As you suspect, they are different designs. The 32" is the top of your pics, the 36" the bottom.

3. Simez

Simez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very strange, why would the 32" design be different from the 36"? I mean the pd30`s are the same design and so are the pf2. It`s just that I haven`t got the biggest lounge and my old dear has a 28" jvc that is similar in design to the pic above and actually takes up more space than the 32" pf2. Oh well that rules the jvc out, shame really liked the look of the 36" too.

4. bazzae123

bazzae123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Simez M8,

I have the 32P37 and its going straight back. If you decide to get one first check out the RGB inputs if your going to use them. I can't use my Humax Sat receiver configured for RGB on mine, I have to use S-video or I get lots of coloured lines across the screen. The other problem is on Sky and RGB. I have lots of horizontal lines appear across the screen when any movement is present. I also found the picture a little bit grainy compared to all the other sets I've tried so far in my quest for something I like. Also, be aware that there is no optical/coaxial audio inputs to use with the Component. One other thing you may want to consider is the size, it's very wide (First picture).
    From my experience so far check out the Philips 9528 or a Loewe.

Bazza

5. Ninjaman

Ninjaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Have you tried the component inputs from this JVC set

6. bazzae123

bazzae123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I did. I didn't use the bundled JVC DVD but my own Sony 735D which I using as a reference for all the TV's I try. I found the picture on the TV to be nice and clear but the colours seemed to me to be a bit muted, very much like the PD30's I had. I must admit that by the time I checked out the component I had already decided to give the beast back so I didn't spend to much time on this one. For me, a TV must perform well on Sky and my Humax Sat receiver as this will be the main source of signal. Good DVD performance is just a bonus.

Bazza

7. Simez

Simez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for that, looks like the Jvc is struck well and truely off the list. I had thought about going for a Loewe Mimo, I love the styling and thought the pic was very good, also considering PF2 and PD30 :confused:

8. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Both the HV-36P38 and the HV-32P37 will accept a 1080i HDTV signal on their component inputs. Which is pretty cool.

9. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Simez, please upload the images to your own webspace and link to that. Rule 9

10. Simez

Simez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry Lynx, funnily enough I had a look to see if I had to do that, obviously didn`t look hard enough:(

11. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    No problem, though please stop playing with fonts, the standard one is just fine.