Have you come across anything "disturbing"?

p9ul

Distinguished Member
Just wondered if anyone else has come across something which makes you think that Rockstar have pushed their luck with the 18 rating and maybe crossed over into sheer bad taste?

I'm not easily offended, but I came across Eddie Low last night and he's gonna get killed the first chance I get... :thumbsdow

ohh_danielson

Distinguished Member
Just wondered if anyone else has come across something which makes you think that Rockstar have pushed their luck with the 18 rating and maybe crossed over into sheer bad taste?

I'm not easily offended, but I came across Eddie Low last night and he's gonna get killed the first chance I get... :thumbsdow
This eddie . Is he someone you do missions for later in the game ?

Apart from that as i aint met him, i dont think the game is disturbing, alot of swearing yes, and violence isnt too bad i dont think seen worse. Mainly funny i think :)

Jay

Banned
Could someone tell me what he does use spoiler tags, I wanna know. Cheers

Cow Puncher

Novice Member
Apart from someone picking there nose in a taxi, no.

There is one advert, as i'm typing, on the radio about Michael Graves and his run for office, saying things suggesting he likes children, thats pretty close to the edge.

But save from that nothing has really screamed at me as "disturbing". For those that are old enough to appreeciate the side jokes (just like the simpsons) your old enough to play the game.

Smaz.

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
The news stories on the radio of a serial killer decapitating joggers is something i havent come across before in the series.

RandomLee

Distinguished Member
I havent found anything disturbing yet, although that Eddie guy sounds a bit grim :rolleyes:

The news stories on the radio of a serial killer decapitating joggers is something i havent come across before in the series.
There's an article about that on the net too, on some news site. Sounds like the cops are blowing it out of proportion to justify their positions and to get media coverage... or something along those lines, I didnt read it all.

SeeNoWeevil

I shot a homeless person in the face while he slept. I think I disturbed myself tbh :rolleyes:

Kahled

Novice Member
Surprised not to have come cross this Eddie yet (nearly finished all the missions) but there is definately something disturbing in there.... on several occasions I have ended up seeing this insideous character called Ricky Gervais *shudders*

I don't know about hit & run, PATM (prostitute ATM), assassination etc but I do know that guy really does disturb me.

Freaknut

Novice Member
I found some of the homophobia a little bit off. My GF was horrified by the French Tom mission, and the Bernie stuff is pretty immature.

But given R* rip into anyone and anything, I think playing GTA and getting offended is a pointless exercise!

p9ul

Distinguished Member
I heard Weasel News last night and there was a report of a man who'd cloned himself so he could have sex with himself. He's being done for kiddie fiddling after making other clones of himself at different ages...

Not exactly disturbing, but pretty twisted none the less...