Have you been stopped by the police while out?

Talk about giving mixed messages. We can drive to the countryside get exercise.

From the article...

Exercise guidelines
On exercise, the guidance lists driving to the countryside for a walk as "reasonable" if "far more time" is spent walking than driving.

But it adds that driving for a "prolonged period with only brief exercise" is not reasonable.

That would appear to indicate that someone who drove for an hour to a beauty spot for a walk would not be contravening the rules.
You would have to walk for over 2 hours though. Its all getting rather silly.

You would have to walk for over 2 hours though. Its all getting rather silly.
Driving should be a necessity only only food medicine and work,give some people an inch,and you know the saying.
The more cars on the road the greater risk of accidents causing unnecessary burden on all the services.

Went to Morrisons today for some shopping, was blasting some tunes out on way home and stopped at lights, police pulled up beside me, a man and woman, man started finger dancing and pointing at me, funny stuff, I turned it down and said good morning officers, they both said to stay safe and keep on rockin! When lights went green they drove off and beeped at me whilst waving, was a simple, but lovely interaction, they get so much flack (usually from those who do wrong lol) but their doing such a hard job right now, a confusingly hard job!

Bit of a balls up here IMO, but the media are as much to blame. The problem is that the new guidance was not meant for the publics consumption, it’s was just ‘here are some example that might be ok, depending on context’ for officers to aid their decision making. So it’s confusing how the media have presented it as a public list of ‘dos and don’t s’. It’s to aid interpretation, not provide a definitive list of things that are ok, because you can’t do that.

Last edited:
Bit of a balls up here IMO, but the media are as much to blame. The problem is that the new guidance was not meant for the publics consumption, it’s was just ‘here are some example there might be ok, depending on context’ for officers to aid their decision making. So it’s confusing how the media have presented it as a public list of ‘dos and don’t s’. It’s to aid interpretation, not provide a definitive list of things that are ok, because you can’t do that.
My lad more or less summed it up by saying he could go anywhere now (not that he would) and use any of those excuses.

That means the kid who's driving to our street every day to exercise in his parents garage must be okay.

Noticed a lot more traffic about this past week. This stay at home stuff gone out the window me thinks.

The cops don't even stop me to check ID now. This does the trick.
20200508_094730.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't seen any police in ages and the times I did weren't lockdown related. I did read an article earlier this morning with some police forces now saying they aren't stopping cars due to the increase in road traffic and more people going to work.

I really need to go and collect my daughter. She went to visit her boyfriend just as this all started and has been stuck there ever since. His family have not been sticking to the lockdown and have been inviting people around and she is quite anxious.
It is a 100 mile round trip, what would everyone else do?

I really need to go and collect my daughter. She went to visit her boyfriend just as this all started and has been stuck there ever since. His family have not been sticking to the lockdown and have been inviting people around and she is quite anxious.
I'd go pick her up. The round trip for my daughters is a similar distance.

I would go and bring her back

Part of the reason why the lockdown wasn't implemented earlier was a feeling that it wouldn't be taken seriously then and it isn't now.

The next step was going to be imposing martial law, and getting heavy with the public which was something no one wanted to do.

Just playing devil’s advocate here, but under current guidance (might change this week), your daughter is currently not part of your household, and would have to to isolate before rejoining your household. Unless perhaps she had a test to prove she hasn’t the virus.

Just playing devil’s advocate here, but under current guidance (might change this week), your daughter is currently not part of your household, and would have to to isolate before rejoining your household. Unless perhaps she had a test to prove she hasn’t the virus.

Fair enough. Get her back and keep interactions to a minimum. If she is anything like my two she will spend most of her time in her room anyway.

Things are going pear-shaped where she is now and with the new 'guidance' it'll only get worse.

Follow the 'Living with other people' guidance here, but reverse the roles:

Yes, I have this in mind. Also, my wife works as a carer, so this is an issue.
Am still not 100% sure what to do :( :(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom