Have Yamaha RX-V781 - How to play audio from Dish Network through speakers while watching Xbox One X video on Samsung TV

ernieb

Novice Member
Reaction score
Just bought the Yamaha receiver used. Currently just have older Pioneer receiver with Dish and Xbox connected via optical connections to receiver. HDMI's go directly to Samsung TV.

I want to use the HDMI inputs of the RX-V781 so that I can use voice commands to change input using Alexa.

So I often listen to news from Dish Network while playing Xbox. I play the Dish audio through the Pioneer to my surround system, and use TV volume for the Xbox game that I'm playing.

How can I output the Xbox HDMI video through the TV, but play the audio coming from the HDMI connected to the Dish Hopper over the surround system?

You can only do as you want if the video source is HDMI while the audio source would need to be either an optical, digital coax or analogue RCA. You cannot watch one HDMI source while accessing the audio via another.

If you were to want to play video accessed via one of your HDMI sources while listening to a dedicated audio source then you'd use the VIDEO OUT setting located within the INPUT DETTINGS found within the receiver's OPTIONS menu:

snapshot001.jpg

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom