Have upgraded HD but having a few problems

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by fatjock, Jan 24, 2005.

1. fatjock

fatjock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Upgraded several weeks ago. Now 160gb. The problem I am having is some recordings 'fail'. When I press the 'i' button, it tells me the reason is 'failed rec/unknown reason'. Most failings happen when I am not in/asleep. Sky+ is used 13-15 hours a day! The box is in a cabinet without too much space round it. I am thinking the system may shut itself off perhaps due to being too hot (I usually leave the box on but have read on other forums that this is not necessary).

Does anyone have advice as to what may be going wrong?

2. Dickdastardly

Dickdastardly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly the same thing is happening to me now. I'm on my second HDD now. The first one failed after 8 weeks. After fitting the second drive I ran the box without the cover for 2 weeks and had no problems. Since refitting the cover the failed recordings have started. Could be overheating, or could just be coincidence as the drive gets fuller. Then again, it could be the weather! :mad: Help!!!!

3. fatjock

fatjock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried to clear the hd by performing 'housekeeping' but now have the following error message 'sky+ recording or playback currently unavailable .. please call sky ....'. I can view the sky feed without problems but just unable to record. I guess the hd has crashed. Is this a common occurrance?

4. davidcotton

davidcotton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6

Seems to be, havent upgraded the disc my self yet. Having read many threads on the subject on here though, it seems if you put back in the original drive that came with sky plus then everything is hunky dory again and no need to phone sky up :)