Question Have Two Copy`s of the same disc on My player

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by chaz, Jun 15, 2019.

1. chaz

chaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +264
    Hi I have a big problem with my Player and TV series on my USB Drive I have a folder Called TV followed by sub folder called Brother in Arms open that and there is the episodes The artwork is there OK but not only does it give me a copy in my TV folder on the Egreat but also a copy on my All Folder as well which I do not want at all. Is there a way of stopping it making two copies of the disc. I have had a great deal of help from Next10 and he is a star Big time trying to figure it all out and he has been a great help to me I have used Filebot as well but the bloody thing still does two copies one in TV one in the All folder Just hoping someone out there might have some ideas I am leaving this bit to last It is a Egreat A8 I know what you all think . But All I want it to do is show films no menu no preview etc just straight into the film and it has a good picture and sound. It is just this silly 2 copies thing PS I use Make MKV to do my copies of the disc. The only other thing I can think of my USB Hard drive which I named as Film/TV Hard Drive (J) I done that because not only do I have TV series but also quite a few films inc 3D But at the moment I am just trying to do the TV series Also when I come to copying my blu Rays from disc on The make MKV the out put folder is J/TV output folder for the TV Blu Rays

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  2. chaz

chaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +264
    UPDATE I have just looked at the menu and see my hard drive and a other one called Kingston which has the same stuff as my hard drive I know I have no Kingston Hard Drive connected to my Egreat Player What is going on

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,543
  4. chaz

chaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +264
    Not as Far as I know will have a other look just had a thought I did use a Flash drive to download the Latest software/Frimware for my Egreat player but once I done downloaded the upgrade I remove the USB Flash Drive. That is about 6 mths ago

5. shotokan101

shotokan101
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25,836
    Possibly not dismounted/ejected the drive first - though would have expected that to disappear if player was rebooted during the six months....

6. chaz

chaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +264
    I never rebooted I think

7. chaz

chaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +264
    It still there Kingston My wife told me I used it last year to update to the latest Egreat Software firmware which i did and waited to it had Finished.Then turn off the player removed the USB stick turn on the player and everything was fine

8. chaz

chaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +264
    Good Morning Next Hope you are well Do not know if you got my Message well it is VERY GOOD NEWS:clap::) The Kingston Problem and Finding the films in the All Folder & the TV folder and when I tried to delete the Kingston folder it deleted it also form the TV folder as Well as the Kingston. Well I was ready to pull my hair out (If I had any) I then went for some reason went to the player Library and guess what beside my Hard Drive there was the Dreaded Kingston USB Folder with the Films on it. So I then Highlighted it and pressed delete it has now gone dead no more Deceased !!!!:beer:. No more Kingston USB stick showing No more Double copy of films one in the All folder and one in the TV folder Everything now that is TV goes in the TV folder no where else. So Now to get on with my films & TV on to the Hard Drive. I would like to ask you one Silly Q Please I just finished doing The Blue Planet & Blue Planet ll and after each disc it does this See picture Do I leave like this or do do something Else to itI thought I had to have only 1 folder to put the discs episodes in If that is the Case how do I get rid of the 3 folders and as it as one or maybe that should be 2 folders the second one named Blue PLanet ll Beside this I am ready to go :clap::clap::clap::thumbsup: Again Next a Big Thank you to you and to all the others who have tried sort out this Problem I am so very grateful to you all and The Help of trying to sort this out in the end I found it by Accident not bad for a old Fart like me :D:laugh::rotfl:

Attached Files: