1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have toshiba conned me?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by andru, Nov 13, 2002.

1. andru

andru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    having read a few reports on this forum regarding the firmware on a sd220 i checked mine and found it was v1.3.I then phoned up toshiba and they have just sent me a replacement with what they said would be v1.5.On checking by doing zoom 6 0 6 zoom i get this on the screen

Boot rom V1.000
    Main rom V1.300-R2

in my understanding this is still the old version.
    What makes it worse is that this one sounds like R2-D2 when it is scanning a disk>My old one was perfectly quiet.

Have they conned me?

2. smallman28

smallman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How old is the machine,they may not be willing to replace what is a second hand machine for a new one and you may have ended up with a reconditioned unit.
    I would contact them and again and let them know what is wrong it might have just been a genuine mistake.

3. andru

andru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    i have just contacted them and told them that i only bought it in may this year.They told me the firmware is only on v1.4 not v1.5 like other people say.I demanded a NEW unit not what they send me full of scratches to say i was annoyed is an understatement!