• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Have to return my new Samsung DVD-HD860

[email protected]

With regards to the following previous posting - http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=430652&highlight=860

I contacted Samsung and went through troubleshooting the DVD player with them. Turns out that the HDMI connection on the (brand new!!) player is broken. Quality control anyone? :rolleyes:

I have to post it back to Amazon and seek a refund (which could take weeks :mad: ). I’ll have to start hunting around again for a good budget upscaler. I'm not prepared to go with a replacement Samsung unit.

Cheekster

I had to return a set of Harmon Kardon Soundticks to Amazon recently and found their customer service excellent. They shipped a new set out to me before I sent the old one back and even refunded my return postage as soon as they had received it.

Perhaps it would be worth you considering something along the lines of the popular Oppo 971H upscaling dvd player as a replacement for the Samsung?

Cheekster.

Leaat23

Amazon are excellent at refunds, normally you will get your refund in a week.:smashin: after they receive the player back.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom