Have Sky upped the bitrates on HD channels?

I

IanMerseyside

I have been flicking between the SD and HD channels for the US PGA Golf and the Spanish football tonight. The HD channels look far superior than the SD, particularly on the football. In fact I would say this is the best PQ for a La Liga match that I have seen so far. I know there should be some improvement from watching the SD upscaled but the difference on both of these events was amazing.

Ninjapaul

Novice Member
I noticed this as well. However the PQ in general for US Golf is absymal so i cant see how upscaling it could improve it. Can anyone in the know explain why there could have been a difference?

pnangna

Novice Member
I would have said they have lowered the bitrates all the programs ive recorded recently are taking up much spacethen they have in the past

I

IanMerseyside

Ninjapaul said:
I noticed this as well. However the PQ in general for US Golf is absymal so i cant see how upscaling it could improve it. Can anyone in the know explain why there could have been a difference?
I agree. The US Golf is normally as bad as ITV sport in terms of general PQ. Perhaps Sky have some of their own cameras over there for this event. Whatever the reason it is definitely a big improvement.

linowsat

Novice Member
I measure the sky-HD bitrates for my homepage. Here is one chart:

I've more charts. Which transponder is interesting?

Oliver