Have SKY + & multiroom, wish to upgrade to SKY HD.

juniorg

Standard Member
I currently have SKY+ feeding the living room (full package), and the 'old' non SKY+ box feeding a TV in an upstairs bedroom as the multiroom option.

I've just ordered 2 new Sony LCD's (KDL40W200 and KDL20S2030), the 40" LCD to replace the old plasma in the living room and the 20" LCD to go into the kitchen.

I would ideally like to upgrade to SKY HD for the living room and move the SKY+ box from the living room to the upstairs bedroom - would there be an extra SKY+ subscription charge for this or is it a simple switcheroo ?

I was also planning on sending the SKY HD signal from the living room to the new LCD in the kitchen - has anyone done this via a TV distribution/Global tvLINK magic-eye type install ? (I would prefer not to loose to much quality in signal).

Cheers
Steve

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I was also planning on sending the SKY HD signal from the living room to the new LCD in the kitchen - has anyone done this via a TV distribution/Global tvLINK magic-eye type install ? (I would prefer not to loose to much quality in signal).
You can certainly do that but the pic won't be in HD...only SD I'm afraid.
HD is not available via RF.

nickjwilliams

Standard Member
I have done what you are trying to do, and at the moment although SkyHD signal is transmitted in SD quality all around the house via the aerial cables from the box in the loft, it is not yet possible to watch the HD box signal in the room with the Sky+ box when using a TVLink to send the remote control signals since Sky+ and SkyHD share the same remote control patterns/codes. There is a resolution planned for early in the new year - keep your eyes out at http://www.tvlink.co.uk/ - I am certainly aiming to be one of their first customers!

Good luck...

NickW

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom