Have Playusa gone?

Ewan154

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Just checked out Playusa's web site and they seem to have notthing in stock.

If Playusa have gone, then it's a very sad day:(

Been on the cards for a couple of months now, their last stocked title was the Karate Kid remake, absolutely gutted too mate.

I'll miss their cheap Criterion BD's, Usually a good £5 cheaper than anywhere else :(

Already being discussed elsewhere.
About 3 months since any "Coming Soon" were listed.

Requirements to import have changed drastically in 10 years so no surprise that business has slumped.

Shame though as I always used them for preorders

I'm actually glad playusa.com gone. Whenever you buy anything from american sites like that they always put a expensive custom charge on top of the total amount of the item. That's why I stick to websites in the uk. AlsoI only buy from sellers that are in the uk from ebay's uk site. Good riddens that's what I say.

lizparker28:lesson::)

I'm actually glad playusa.com gone. Whenever you buy anything from american sites like that they always put a expensive custom charge on top of the total amount of the item. That's why I stick to websites in the uk. AlsoI only buy from sellers that are in the uk from ebay's uk site. Good riddens that's what I say.

It was a Jersey based UK site, that's why they were actually so much cheaper than most sites to buy US discs from there. You don't sound like you've used them much or know what you are talking about, so please save us the :lesson: smiley.

They seem to be back.

I never got a single customs charge on any of my orders from them. They were a very good firm that I used a lot when I was buying region 1 DVDs.

Bri

That's because customs were already paid and the company wasn't US based. As I said, this person has probably never ordered from them and has no idea what they are talking about. Nice for them to gloat over their demise anyway. I think it's always bad news for customers when the competition shrinks.

That's because customs were already paid and the company wasn't US based. As I said, this person has probably never ordered from them and has no idea what they are talking about. Nice for them to gloat over their demise anyway. I think it's always bad news for customers when the competition shrinks.

At one point my R1 discs used to come from Brussels by air mail and they used to arrive quicker than their R2 stock. I agree with you that their demise is bad news.

Bri

Playusa were not US based and customs were not prepaid which is why items over £17.99 could be charged .
I had several items that did get charged.
Annoying buying something for £24 and then getting an £8 charge on top - although £4 went straight to Royal Mail.

For that reason I rarely used Playusa for £18+ items although the odd one did get through

But yes ,they are back .
Worth investigating

Edit- prices don't seem very good and there's postal charges of $5 too

Last edited:
But yes ,they are back .
Worth investigating

Edit- prices don't seem very good and there's postal charges of $5 too

Blimey, they are. I hadn't realised. Is it still the same company though ? All the pricing is in $.

directtoustore is the same mob who bought the dvdpacific name/business. I've only placed one order with them (as dvdpacific), and I was impressed with the service: prompt shipping, good packaging, actual price (excl shipping) declared on customs form. I'd use them again, if they were cheapest!

Anybody used the new site yet?

Seems like all the new releases will attract customs charges unlike the old Play USA pricing.

:(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom