have not received new update 10.2.1

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Aurzah, Feb 1, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Aurzah

Aurzah
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    I have still not received the brand new update which came out on the 28th, I have tried restoring and searching for update and still not had any luck, can anyone help? I am using BlackBerryZ10
    Thanks

2. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +763
    Who is you service provider ?
    Vodafone UK have not rolled out the update yet. No doubt other UK providers have whilst others haven't (yet). There's a thread about which carriers have and a separate one about which haven't over at the Crackberry forums.

3. Aurzah

Aurzah
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for the reply:)

I am on talk talk mobile and I don't think it is on the list, do you know when it will be out for other providers.

4. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +763
    ONly Talk Talk can tell you that and probably, if they're like Vodafaone, none of their frontline customer support folks know either.
    If you're impatient, easy way around it is to go to Tesco and buy an EE Sim card for 99p. Pop it in your BlackBerry, check for updates and then start downloading. Then swap back afterwards.

5. Aurzah

Aurzah
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think I might just quickly swap the sim and do it that way because I think my dad has an 02 sim I could try that, would it mess up anything if I was to do that?

Thank you very much you have been helpful :)

6. Pegleg2001

Pegleg2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I'm not on Vodafone but on a network that uses the Vodafone infrastructure. I managed to get the update this afternoon - but have probably hit the 'check for updates' button about 100 times since the 28th.

7. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +763
    UK Vodafone didn't push their 10.2.1 upgrade until yesterday (14th February) but their version supposedly also fixes a couple of potential security weaknesses - especially for corporate users.
    I upgraded this morning, then installed V2 of Snap (using DDBP to do so), which has given me Google Playstore access natively on my Q10. I installed a free Android app via the Playstore to test this. Unfortunately I can't run my (paid for) Tunepal (Android) app as, although recognised and downloaded by Google Playstore, the installation process triggers an "Unable to install this app" error.
    So I can still only run Tunepal on my Android-hacked HP Touchpad tablet and not on the Blackberry.