have new 37 lg tv

pulsarchap

Standard Member
Reaction score
Just wired up my new LG 37LC2D tele and am well pleased with it, the pictures on hdmi with my 2910 are awsome, ive watched three films already today. Has any one else got this tv and what do you think so far

jk

Have you used it with a pc via hdmi/dvi? Does it work 1:1 1360/1366x768?

used denon 2910 with hdmi plug, must better than my old pani crt set with compnent output. When i went to the shop they had a lg HD DVD player hooked up to it and that blew my mind, cant wait till they are over here. Have to say that the denon is bloody good with this tv well worth the money, now all i need to do is get sky hd.

jk

Sounds like a good set, if you got pics then please post them up. Hows SD material on this set i.e Sky or Freeview.

Have you used it with a pc via hdmi/dvi? Does it work 1:1 1360/1366x768?

I dont have this TV, but all recent LG TVs support 1:1 pixelmapping. This has also been verified by LG support.

Thanx, I just want to convince myself... And after few weeks of info-gathering I am! Gonna buy the 37" model as soon as possible. :D

I've got the LC2R (the same but without the DVB tuner) and am also well pleased. Congrats on a great purchase.

I'm watching HD through my TV Drive and it's fantastic so go get the Sky HD - you'll love it!

The sky picture is ok, not as good as my old pani crt set. The free veiw is not good but i dont realy care for that. GT4 from the ps2 is mentaly awsome i cant get off it. Over all id say £1050 well spent. Will get sky hd in october (after bathroom fitted, i dont wont a house full of people) so that will finish me of well i think.
jk

get mine tomorrow can't wait !!!

will write a full review soon after going to use HTPC and xbox 360 !!!!

I've had my 37" LC2D for a few weeks now and I'm very pleased with it.
Sky ranges from OK to pretty stunning on high bitrate stuff. Look for films as a good test on Sky, they tend to be broadcast with higher rates and are a good test. Tune in to challenge or something alike showing old game shows for real poor quality.

I've now got my HTPC connected to it and was watching a DVD through it before and it was fantastic. Viewed some HD clips and they too are stunning.

Xbox 360 is as you would expect fantastic as well.

With all that said you do have to play a little with settings but you have full control over all the usual suspects , brightness, contrast and colour tones as well with customer settings easilly achievable per input. With a 20 quid scart cable and a little play I've got a real good picture on Sky (and my signal strength is also a little low on Sky).

Slim

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom